Sign in to follow this  
jimh

Track IR in FSX

I use a profile downloaded from Naturalpoint called "Optimised Flight" that I found to be very good.
Hi John,I just downloaded the Optimized Flight profile you suggested.When I try it in Track IR, the heads fall all over the place. I'm not at all knowledgeable. I see it is for Fs2004, but I can't see that making any difference in the Track IR Software.Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi John,I just downloaded the Optimized Flight profile you suggested.When I try it in Track IR, the heads fall all over the place. I'm not at all knowledgeable. I see it is for Fs2004, but I can't see that making any difference in the Track IR Software.Regards, Jim
The heads falling all over the place means, you have external light interferance on your trackir camera. To see this just click on Profiles/'edit/motion/ and in 'preview windows click, Tracking.If you are showing more than 3 green lights, you will see the red light's interferance. The solution is to remove that. It might be light reflection from anything in the room within the camera's range.I have had my TIR4 for 4 years now and wouldn't fly without itEdit; Trackir 4 works in both sims, and many other games too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

The heads falling all over the place means, you have external light interferance on your trackir camera. To see this just click on Profiles/'edit/motion/ and in 'preview windows click, Tracking.If you are showing more than 3 green lights, you will see the red light's interferance. The solution is to remove that. It might be light reflection from anything in the room within the camera's range.I have had my TIR4 for 4 years now and wouldn't fly without itEdit; Trackir 4 works in both sims, and many other games too.
Thanks for the reply. I've checked, but there is no interference showing in the tracking window. I'm just learning all this, but it occured to me that I use the Track Clip Pro, and perhaps John uses the Vector Clip.I fired up TIR, checked Tracking for interference, opened the Optimised Flight profile. The heads fell about as before. I checked Vector, and all motion was as smooth as silk. I then checked Track Clip Pro again, and to my astonishment all was just as stable and smooth. I don't understand what happened, but I'll now try the Optimised Flight Profile in FSX.The TIR4 is absolutely amazing, and worth every penny. No other addon I've ever bought has so transformed FS. It's even well worth the nightmare I've had over the installation ( six installs and uninstalls, three or four moves to different USB ports, a new USB card to eliminate any possiility of problems with those on the motherboard, before finally getting a replacement for my faulty one) :( I do think I'm there now, thanks to everyone who helped. :( I hope some other hapless soul will learn something from this thread.Cheers, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

One more tip, use 'Mouse 3' for the pause function. You change your settings with it so you might as well use that for the pause ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

One more tip, use 'Mouse 3' for the pause function. You change your settings with it so you might as well use that for the pause ;)
Another thing I find useful to prevent the 'head drop' when looking down slightly atpanel instruments is to look UP a bit and hit 'Center'. This will give you more 'rangeof movement' looking down. It is pretty important to have both the 'Pause' and 'Center' functions mappedto a switch/button that is easily activated. After awhile it becomes second natureto use those functions to easily look all around the VC in all directions and toeasily operate all controls, even those with very small 'click spot' areas. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Another thing I find useful to prevent the 'head drop' when looking down slightly atpanel instruments is to look UP a bit and hit 'Center'. This will give you more 'rangeof movement' looking down. It is pretty important to have both the 'Pause' and 'Center' functions mappedto a switch/button that is easily activated. After awhile it becomes second natureto use those functions to easily look all around the VC in all directions and toeasily operate all controls, even those with very small 'click spot' areas. Paul
Thanks for the tip, Paul. I had noticed that sometimes, to get to an instrument, I was using the edge of my vision.Thanks too, Dave. I had a look at your group. You're a lucky bunch of guys to have such a facility. I'd join like a shot, but I'm several hundred miles too far North :( Jim