Sign in to follow this  
Guest monkshood

MD11, I want one

Guest Paul_D

Monkshood :I feel extremely sympathetic of you frustrating situation, I once went through a similar issue with Cloud9 scenery software. Eventually it all worked out, if I had read the installation manual a little more carefully I would have solved my problem immediatly, however there anti piracy protection is a bit over the top. None the less i was still very upset with all the B.S. I had to go through to get them installed and dread the next time I will have to reformat my HD. Just try to be patient and communicate with PMDG on this one, In the past I have found them to be very helpful and customer orientated. Good luck with your situation and I hope you get it soon so you can enjoy this amazing piece of software.Paul ( Toronto Canada ).

You might try switching to OpenDNS as your DNS server...could be your ISP has some problems with theirs. It's free, and works very well. It's a simple 5-min process of changing a few settings.http://www.opendns.comRegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yeah, something is really screwy here with your ISP's DNS - the validation is failing because for all intents and purposes your ISP can't see our validation server that the installer contacts. Try the Open DNS thing that Bob suggested.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest monkshood
Thanks Dan,All support is gratefully received. However, I can't get to my account 'cos the issue described above. For some reason all I get is the NOTAM page as shown in the screen grab. I have done everything I can think of to clean my system: Cookies, browsing history, cleaned the lot. Cleaned my Temp dir, cleaned my registry, flushed my DNS cache. I can't think of anything else; but still I get the NOTAM page.Also, when I tried another PC to download the MD file I got as far as putting it into my basket, when I went to check out it wasn't there, I was told my basket was empty. When I looked in to my basket, it was there, when I tried to check out again, I was told the basket is empty.The third machine I tried worked. I downloaded the file. copied it to CD and then transferred it to my PC. When I ran the installer I entered the registration info exactly as required correct email, correct ID and correct password. Nonetheless I got the message box saying the validation had failed and I should contact support. This I did, support said something was wrong with the ID, they said they had fix it and all would be well. I tried again to install and I got the very same failed validation message So, here am I, now 4 days in to the purchasing and installing process and still I have seen nothing of the MD running on my system. No, I know there have been posts about issues relating to the whole PMDG purchasing process and to be honest my thoughts were that if they just took their time and did it all correctly all would be fine. Well, that's just exactly what I've been doing and I'm hardly any closer o running the MD on my system that I was 4 days ago. Something isn

Does sound like ISP caching and DNS issues. Another way to check any caching problems is to try and login via https://www.precisionmanuals.com - that'll force a secure session, and theoretically anyway, bypass any caching. You should be able to log in that way at any rate.What IP do you get if you try ping precisionmanuals.com from a command prompt? One of the PMDG guys should be able to chime in and tell you whether its correct or not.Armed with that info, you could try a manual hack to get the problem sorted out - it involves changing a file, hosts with a mapping, the IP to the domain. This should override any DNS issues your ISP may be having - http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsfaq.htmOf course, I am assuming that the validation server is a)located on Precisionmanuals.com for this to work and b)there is nothing else in the validation process that would affect such a hack.But as I said, I am sure the good PMDG folks will verify one way or the other.

Louise

London, UK

Guest monkshood

Hi, thanks for your info.Well, I tried to go to PMDG via www.precisionmanuals.com but that just brought up the same NOTAM window I've been getting all along.I did a ping of www.precisionmanuals.com and got a good response:Reply from 75.126.63.20: bytes=32 time=163ms TTL=111Reply from 75.126.63.20: bytes=32 time=163ms TTL=111Reply from 75.126.63.20: bytes=32 time=163ms TTL=111but I don't known what use that is or what to do with it?Looking at changing the HOST thing, Jees that's deep stuff for me. I'll probably end up blowing the whole machine if I start digging around there.There's an awful lot going on here that I don't understand and seem miles from the norm. I understand that most folk are having no problem at all, and others are having various difficulties. But this is the only post that seems to describe the difficulty I'm having. Some thouhg have reported not seeing items in the basket after placing an order.The odd and annoying thing is that I get three different experiences with three different machines when I go to the PMDG site. Mine is really odd (all the above). Another machine can get to check out, but that won't see items in the checkout basket and the third seem OK. These are all Vista machines, mine is the only Vista 64 bit machine. The others are Vista 32 bit machines.It's been almost 2 days now since I last heard from PMDG support, perhaps they have given up. which, had I not managed eventually to purchase the MD11 would be sad. But now I have and simply can't validate it it annoying having the file on my PC but not being able to do anything with it.I do hope there is a solution to this. I would hate to have to get a refund and dump the file, that's not what I want.Ta.Merv

Guest monkshood

I know this post is getting pushed down the list a bit now, but as at 29/03. Though I now have the file on my system, (downloaded via another PC and transfered to mine) I am still unable to validate the file and so make the install. PMDG support are having a look, but it ain't working so far.So, I have a fully paid for MD11 installer file on my system that I can't do a thing with, except bin it that is.I'm still open to suggestions.Ta.Merv

I know this post is getting pushed down the list a bit now, but as at 29/03. Though I now have the file on my system, (downloaded via another PC and transfered to mine) I am still unable to validate the file and so make the install. PMDG support are having a look, but it ain't working so far.So, I have a fully paid for MD11 installer file on my system that I can't do a thing with, except bin it that is.I'm still open to suggestions.Ta.Merv
This is maybe a stupid answer, since I guess you have tried it. Try to shut down everything about, Firewall, virus, and Spyware programs or other programs, that could interfere with an validation./ Leffe

Guest monkshood
This is maybe a stupid answer, since I guess you have tried it. Try to shut down everything about, Firewall, virus, and Spyware programs or other programs, that could interfere with an validation./ Leffe
Thanks for your advice.Yep, I've tried that, sad to say it doesn't work. Something (in fact lots of things here) that puzzles me is that I am using both Firefox and IE7, they both return the same results as far as getting to eCommerce goes. I haven't tried to install the MD11 on any other computer yet, might try that. Though FSX isn't installed on any other available PC the installer might just pass the validation test. Hmm, which, come to think of it, isn't such a cleaver idea 'cos then PMDG will think I have been successful and I'll have to start explaining all over again, when all I actually want to do is get the MD running. Hell, I have paid for it after all.Seems to me the best thing to do is for PMDG send me, or let me download, a file that doesn't need validation. Problem solved in a stroke I reckon.I'm sure the MD will install on my system, it's just the eCommerce thing with PMDG that's in the way. I have no trouble with any other sites.Thanks.Merv