Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Random weather in FSX?

Guest UlfB

Hi,Do you know of any add on that is able to provide random weather in FSX? Klaus Prichatz made a nice add on for FS2002 and FS2004 called Wetter and at times I do miss the possibility to generate random weather scenarios in FSX.

Guest jshyluk
Hi,Do you know of any add on that is able to provide random weather in FSX? Klaus Prichatz made a nice add on for FS2002 and FS2004 called Wetter and at times I do miss the possibility to generate random weather scenarios in FSX.
It's called Calgary (CYYC). It's easy to pack for a trip to Cowtown, just take everything. You will need it. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. If you don't like the weather out the front door, go out the back door. Calgary: The World's Greatest Random Weather Generator. That'll be their slogan, you'll see.Other than that, I don't really know. I kind of hate random weather, although I see your interest. Maybe you could get random weather in a Mission, I know you can call on weather variables there...Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest UlfB
It's called Calgary (CYYC). It's easy to pack for a trip to Cowtown, just take everything. You will need it. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. If you don't like the weather out the front door, go out the back door. Calgary: The World's Greatest Random Weather Generator. That'll be their slogan, you'll see.
:( :( :(

Guest jaskanFactor

I think REX and Active Sky Advanced do random weather if you not using realtime weather. But check with anothe rsource to be sure.

Guest pretendair
Here; one of the 39 weather themes for FS9 is called "the unexpected", meaning you don't know what will be thrown at you when you show up at the airport:weather3.zip @ avsin libraryIt works fine with FSX, the only 'problem' is the dimensions of the pictures that go with the weather themes doesn't quite fit in FSX.But it works otherwise.

Guest UlfB
Here; one of the 39 weather themes for FS9 is called "the unexpected", meaning you don't know what will be thrown at you when you show up at the airport:weather3.zip @ avsin libraryIt works fine with FSX, the only 'problem' is the dimensions of the pictures that go with the weather themes doesn't quite fit in FSX.But it works otherwise.
Thanks! Very much appreciated :(

Guest UlfB
I think REX and Active Sky Advanced do random weather if you not using realtime weather. But check with anothe rsource to be sure.
I would appreciate if somebody could confirm this. REX doesn't support random weather. Does ASA? I've read the feature list for ASA and cannot find anything about random weather.

Hi,No, we do not generate random weather.Thanks,

I would appreciate if somebody could confirm this. REX doesn't support random weather. Does ASA? I've read the feature list for ASA and cannot find anything about random weather.
Ulf B:We're beta testing now. ;)Feel free to visit our forum for more info!random.jpgCheers.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest UlfB
Ulf B:We're beta testing now. ;)Feel free to visit our forum for more info!Cheers.
That's good news! Excellent! I'm been waiting for the SP1 for REX :(