Sign in to follow this  
Guest iberia999

Scenery improvement program

Guest iberia999

I want to buy a program that overall improves weather and ground textures. These are the ones that I had in mind:-Cielosim Instant Enhancer-Cielosim Flight Enhancer (Don't see the difference between one of the other)-Ground Environment-Zinertek Texture improvement-Cielosim Bundles-Or should I just use the freeware Real Environment Pro?This may seem repetitive to another topic I think I saw posted but I want to know more about the differences in cielosim's addons. I really have no clue what the main differences are between them. As for the Flight 1 Products, those are nice too, but I don't understand the difference between Flight Environment and Ground Environment.Any recommendations?I have heard that Cielosim Instant Enhancer interferes with payware sceneries and can be a problem.

Iberia999: Run, don't walk, to buy Ultimate Terrain. After that, I use (and love) Active Sky v6.5, Flight Environment Pro and then Bird's Eye View. NOTE: BEV is still available but is no longer supported by the manufacturer, although there is a nice little website devoted to it's continued use in FS9. Load up on a bunch of freeware and/or payware airports and you are good to go.

If you have deep pockets, you can spend some quality time at Flight 1 and get :Ultimate Terrain (Alaska and Canada / USA / Europe)Ground Environment ProFlight EnvironmentActive Sky (I use 6.5, although ASA is available)As well as FS Genesis Mesh.I flew into Budapest from Athens at sunset yesterday (real world weather), and it was one of those times that your jaw just drops open at the sheer beauty of your surrounds. Mostly cloudy (but no rain) with enough openings to let the last of the sun through. When the (simulated) elements all come together (and it's rarer than you might think) FS2004 still blows me away.Cheers, SLuggy

Guest Sherrington

Ultimate Terrain (Alaska and Canada / USA / Europe)Ground Environment ProFlight EnvironmentActive Sky (I use 6.5, although ASA is available)As well as FS Genesis Mesh.Hi, I live in the UK and currently use x-plane c/w eadt 737NG. I have ordered FS2004 and would like to know if you can use all of the above products at the same time? I already have a friend who has Ultimate Terrain and he swears by it. What do they all do?

Guest ppokit
Ultimate Terrain (Alaska and Canada / USA / Europe)Ground Environment ProFlight EnvironmentActive Sky (I use 6.5, although ASA is available)As well as FS Genesis Mesh.Hi, I live in the UK and currently use x-plane c/w eadt 737NG. I have ordered FS2004 and would like to know if you can use all of the above products at the same time? I already have a friend who has Ultimate Terrain and he swears by it. What do they all do?
Hi SherringtonYes you can use all those products at the same time. They compliment each other and can make FS2004 look awesome.UT series: Accurate landclass - i.e. rivers, roads, cities, towns, coastlines etc. are all placed in the correct place. Also includes night lighting.GE Pro: Replacement ground textures - much better than the default MSFS.FE: Replaces cloud, water & sky textures - again can be jaw droppingly good.AS 6.5: Creates much better weather conditions - can be used to download real hi-fi world weather or create your own. AS6.5 comes complete with its own replacement clouds & sky textures.Mesh: Mountains, valleys, plains etc displayed at much higher resolution than default MSFS - i.e. lumps and bumps in terrain are much more accurate.AS6.5 integrates well with GE Pro - depending on your weather, GE Pro can use alternative ground texture shades i.e. if your chosen weather is overcast, AS can instruct GE Pro to use overcast shading for ground textures etc.For more info go to the Flight1 web site - there are plenty of screen shots.If you do decide to purchase from Flight1, they offer a money back guarantee - If you're not happy they will refund you.As a user of the above, I can highly recommend them all.RegardsChris

Guest iberia999

Thanks guys!I think I will be planning to purchase those four Flight 1 Addons :(

Hi SherringtonYes you can use all those products at the same time. They compliment each other and can make FS2004 look awesome.UT series: Accurate landclass - i.e. rivers, roads, cities, towns, coastlines etc. are all placed in the correct place. Also includes night lighting.GE Pro: Replacement ground textures - much better than the default MSFS.FE: Replaces cloud, water & sky textures - again can be jaw droppingly good.AS 6.5: Creates much better weather conditions - can be used to download real hi-fi world weather or create your own. AS6.5 comes complete with its own replacement clouds & sky textures.Mesh: Mountains, valleys, plains etc displayed at much higher resolution than default MSFS - i.e. lumps and bumps in terrain are much more accurate.AS6.5 integrates well with GE Pro - depending on your weather, GE Pro can use alternative ground texture shades i.e. if your chosen weather is overcast, AS can instruct GE Pro to use overcast shading for ground textures etc.For more info go to the Flight1 web site - there are plenty of screen shots.If you do decide to purchase from Flight1, they offer a money back guarantee - If you're not happy they will refund you.As a user of the above, I can highly recommend them all.RegardsChris
I recently installed Ultimate Terrain-USA for FS9 and find that I'm disappointed. This troubles me because all the reviews and forum posts I've read say wonderful things about it, and I'm very pleased with what UTX does in my FSX installation. First, I discovered many FS9 scenery objects are either displaced or missing. The Statue of Liberty sits off the island, out on the water; big ships and the orange cranes in Seattle sit well inland; and I don't see the great improvement in terrain textures country-wide that I saw when I installed UTX-USA in FSX. Part of my problem could be that I'm using some Holger Sandmann and FSGenesis freeware FS9 scenery for the northwestern part of the USA, which is where I live and like to fly; that scenery could be conflicting with UT. I haven't yet tried un-installing the freeware add-ons to eliminate any conflicts. If there are any UT users out there who can offer suggestions or comments, I'd certainly appreciate it. I want to get FS9 looking as good as it can so I'm able to use the excellent payware airplanes I have that don't transfer well to FSX.