Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

X-Plane Vr. 9.21rc2 Install Error.

Hello everyone.I just upgraded to the new version, full install, and at DVD 5 of 6, I got an Error that a number of files could not be read. Unable to copy … /Eath nav data+70+50/+71+052.dsf.7z .....from DVD to Hard drive… Stop, Continue.. I tried to continue but eventually none of the rest of the files worked. Canceled the Install, got a new set of DVDs and tried to Repair but it could not find anything wrong?The second set of DVDs did exactly the same thing.It does seem to Start and Run but I do not know where and what it will act like in the future? I will have to return and give up, if I cannot find a solution.I also seems to start with the Mouse Pan on. Anytime I move it the VC pans? Can that be changed?C172SP also seems to oscillate, about the Longitudinal axis (wings wobble up / down for a few seconds) when I level off from a turn, as if it tries to find itself.I also seem to have to St trim full Nose down to maintain Level flight, and run out of Trim adjustment?I assigned the Twist to View Right / Left, but I cannot find the Null zone to eliminate the Noise in the Center, a very small movement changes the Forward position. I tried the Null zone in the Settings, but it does not seem to change that action? Is there a way around these, other than give up on this sim?Has anyone done a full install without any problems?I did not have these problems with the previous version.System, Vista 64, Quad processor, 6GB RAM. 640GB of HD / 300 free. Thanks. TV

Hello everyone.I just upgraded to the new version, full install, and at DVD 5 of 6, I got an Error that a number of files could not be read. Unable to copy

Hi, Geof and everyone.Thank you for your feedback. I was trying to avoid spending too much time dealing with some of these issues but it seems that I have no choice. Their VC is a good addition, but it seems to behave differently from 2D, as far as Flight model. It does not make sense? They also will have to give us a way to adjust the Null zone for each individual axis, I use my Twist to Look left / right and now it's very difficult because there is no way to keep the view from changing without being able to set a larger Null zone.I remember having to modify the Flight model in the previous version, especially on the ground with cross winds around 10-12Kts, I was hoping they got some of the problems solved by now. It would appear that, like everyone else, they are spending more, too much, effort on the visuals. Thanks again, it's an OK sim for IFR practice. Between it, FS9 and Fly! We have some tools to work with. TV

Guest JimC1702

For what it's worth, I had a lot of errors on install too, especially on disc 3. I kept hitting "continue". Once it was done, I went to X-Plane.com and did an update. It checked all my files, and downloaded some, so I'm hopeful that it replaced any files that were missing/corrupt. Like Geoff, I have not found any issues with scenery yet in any of the places I've flown.Jim

As long as disc 1 installs without problems your X-plane will work.The other disks hold the scenery and from the picture on the disk you wil get a general idea from which part of the world you are missing bits.I ussualy install disk 2,3 and 4 (US, Europe, Canada / Alaska). Lately I switched to just hand installing small area's I use (just a few tiles mostly in the EU and US). When I get the urge to explore I first look up the specific tiles and install them by hand (much quicker that way).The updater never updates the stuff from scenery disks so you guys realy miss some parts of the world scenery.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg