Sign in to follow this  
Guest brentborg

747-400 FSX - IRS DC LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT Message

Guest brentborg

Lately when I try to fly the 747-400 FSX (after spending a lot of time flying the MD-11 for FSX) I get an amber warning message shortly after take-off "IRS DC CENTER, IRS DC LEFT. IRS DC RIGHT". I've searched for how to correct this situation but can only find a reference in the documentation that states: "DC backup power respective IRS has failed." There is no description of how to correct this situation. On the first flight that I flew with this message, I ignored the message, but when it came time to land, the 747 lost the glideslope after initially capturing it forcing a go around and a manual approach and landing.Any insight as to how to deal with this would be appreciated.Brent B. (CYYZ)

I bump this up, because I got this message and behave, too...Have anybody an idea why this comes up?All systems and batteries etc seems to be ok...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't have any failures programmed, then perhaps you are reusing a corrupt panel state? Just a guess.

Dan Downs KCRP

then perhaps you are reusing a corrupt panel state
It seems that this was the case...The obscure thing is, that I saved this loaded panelstate myself.Maybe some parameters don't get saved...I have started up from cold and dark and then it worked.Will do that now everytime....thanks for your suggestion!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

It seems that this was the case...The obscure thing is, that I saved this loaded panelstate myself.Maybe some parameters don't get saved...I have started up from cold and dark and then it worked.Will do that now everytime....thanks for your suggestion!
So, it's an old post, but I just wanted to add, this can be caused by FSUIPC with the "extend battery life indefinately" option checked. I unchecked it, and it stopped giving me this same error.

Mark Hager

So, it's an old post, but I just wanted to add, this can be caused by FSUIPC with the "extend battery life indefinately" option checked. I unchecked it, and it stopped giving me this same error.
I can assure you that this is pure coincidence. By leaving this option unchecked you might create other issues.Issues such as this (as with the majority of issues posted here daily) are to do with corrupt panel states & the niaeve expectation that you can boot up a complicated addon such as this without using a saved flight with the default Cessna fully powered down, prior to loading a custom PMDG saved panel state. A correctly configured and registered version of Pete Dowson's excellent untility FSUIPC is a remedy to the majority of 'it climbs/dives/turns/brakes don't work/winds are crazy/it don't work' issues littering this sub forum. In all my years of using PMDG products I have never suffered issues such as these because I have always loaded addons from the default FS Cessna, fully powered down parked at the stand and airport of my choice.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I recently started flying the PMDG747 after purchasing FS2CREW Voice Commander. I was having the same problem with the IRS. I tried everything I could find, except the suggestion re FSUIPC. Nothing worked. I have to agree that I doubted it could be FSUIPC (I wouldn't be without it). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 747. I always start from the default Cessna, and I tried with saved panel files as well as from cold and dark using the panel files that are installed by PMDG. Nothing worked. Finally, I was sitting there watching the screen blinking with that maddening "IRS DC..." message and in frustration I brought up FSUIPC and unchecked the extended battery life option. Voila! The blinking IRS messages extinguished immediately. Doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me. I never had this problem when using this aircraft before, but it has been a little while. I have run the latest FSUIPC upgrades as they come available, so maybe it is something in a more recent version. Don't know. Absolutely no intention here of knocking FSUIPC. It is a great utility and has done more for MSFS than any other that I know of.