Sign in to follow this  
ACSoft

Screen flickers in full screen mode

Hello,This is "flickers on black" (a very short lost of the image). This does NOT occur while playing, but only in circumstances like these one:- If I load a Flight, during all the loading time, I see some burst of flickers on the FS splash sceen image.- If, when playing, I press "Alt" key, to get menu bar, I see a burst of flickers.- If I press "Esc" while playing, immediately a burst of flickers. Then again when I confirm I want to quit.- Etc ...The very old 91.33 Forceware NVidia driver which was installed since today on my PC, had this problem already, but ONLY if FS9 Anti-Aliasing was activated (this is why I was keeping it).Today, I installed last version 182.08 with the hope to not have this problem anymore, even with anti-aliasing activated. But the situation became worst. Now, I have these damned flickers with or without anti-aliasing set. In fact, I simply cannot get rid of this problem, whatever I try (FS9.cfg delete, a lot of custom settings combinations in NVidia "MS Flight simulator 2004" 3D profiles). As I sill use a good old cathodic monitor display (Samsung SyncMaster 997), I tried also to change refresh frequency, but here again, no joy.Does anybody has an idea/clue of what can be the problem and how to cure it ?Many thanks in forward for any help.Alain CaptACSoft ProductionsMy PC Config: Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE Proc: INTEL CORE DUO EXTREME (CONROE XE) 2.93GHZ Memory: DDR2 2GB [1GBX2] DDR800 (PC2-6400) CORSAIR TWINX Hard-disk: 2X SATA300 320GB - 7200 HITACHI DESKSTAR T7K500 (16MB) Graphic: MSI GeForce 7900GTX 512DDR OS: Windows XP version 2002 SP3 (french)

Hi,Please help !!!Does anyone has an idea of what can cause this ?In the meantime, I discover that in 16 bits colors, flickers dissapear. But, of course, I want to use 32 bits mode. So this won't be the solution, but may a track for the Guru's out there !!!Thanks in forward for any help.A. Capt