Sign in to follow this  
Guest iandavid

How to set up the Goflight TQ6 for the 747 & MD11

Guest iandavid

There have been many posts on this subject saying "mine works fine" which is not much use to those who can't get the TQ6 to work. I have managed to get mine to work and for those interested I'll run through the procedure. There may well be a quicker and easier way, if so please someone post it, but this works.This is tested on FS9 ONLY, I don't have FSX although, I expect it will be similar.First - open GF Config and set up the TQ6 as follows747 - lever A spoilers, levers BCDE throttles, lever F NONE (this is important - DO NOT select Flaps)MD11 - lever A spoilers, levers BCD or CDE throttles, lever F NONE (this is important - DO NOT select Flaps)save each config seperatelySecond - Start FS9, go to "settings, controls, assignments" select Axis and TQ6747 - assign Flap axis ONLY to lever F and tick reverse. DO NOT assign any spoiler or throttle axis.MD11- assign Flap axis ONLY to lever F and tick reverse. DO NOT assign any spoiler or throttle axis.open sensitivities and set TQ6 to Max with Null zone to zero. (important)Third - you need a registered version of FSUIPC. I use V3.8.5. For some reason V3.9 messes up my settings so I don't use it.747 - open "joystick calibration" and go to Flaps and spoiler page, click acft specific box. Spoilers click reset (i.e no calibration setting). Flaps - with lever F up set left box by clicking set, then with lever fully down click right box set. Close. Now your all set for the 747.The MD11 is the same - EXCEPT you need to also set the spolier box. To ensure that spoilers arm I move the lever A down 1/2 inch then click left set box, then move lever fully down and click right box. Close and your done. You can get 1/3rd 2/3rd settings by moving the lever part way. For the flaps, if you predial in the setting on the throttle quadrant the first click will be slats and the second your pre-dialed setting.Now don't ask me why the spoiler setups are different between the 747 and MD11 but if you follow EXACTLY what I have done it should work ok. As I said if anyone has found an easier way please post.Paul Gardner

Will be watching this post with interest. I run 747 and MD11 with FSX. Considering buying the throttles.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Paul,thank you for posting this, it works like a charm!!!! I'm a new goflight user and my wife hasn't seen me since I took delivery 48 hrs ago.Thanks again, lots to read, calibrate and program.Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks Paul,Do you have the separate reverse levers working too?Neil

beta.gif

I will be needing this info in the future, when I buy the product, would one of you be kind enough to post a pic of what the throttles look like in a MD11 config I don't know to much about goflight but from what see you can move the throttles around and I would like to see what it looks like with three throttles instead four or two, or is this even possible.

You forgot the very important, and most difficult calibration; REVERSE THRUST.

Keith Sandford.

Cancel.
Is anyone of you using the detent for the flaps/spoiler settings? I'm trying to get that to work, but I must say...it's pretty hard to set the correct detent to the correct flapsetting.

There have been many posts on this subject saying "mine works fine" which is not much use to those who can't get the TQ6 to work. I have managed to get mine to work and for those interested I'll run through the procedure. There may well be a quicker and easier way, if so please someone post it, but this works.This is tested on FS9 ONLY, I don't have FSX although, I expect it will be similar.First - open GF Config and set up the TQ6 as follows747 - lever A spoilers, levers BCDE throttles, lever F NONE (this is important - DO NOT select Flaps)MD11 - lever A spoilers, levers BCD or CDE throttles, lever F NONE (this is important - DO NOT select Flaps)save each config seperatelySecond - Start FS9, go to "settings, controls, assignments" select Axis and TQ6747 - assign Flap axis ONLY to lever F and tick reverse. DO NOT assign any spoiler or throttle axis.MD11- assign Flap axis ONLY to lever F and tick reverse. DO NOT assign any spoiler or throttle axis.open sensitivities and set TQ6 to Max with Null zone to zero. (important)Third - you need a registered version of FSUIPC. I use V3.8.5. For some reason V3.9 messes up my settings so I don't use it.747 - open "joystick calibration" and go to Flaps and spoiler page, click acft specific box. Spoilers click reset (i.e no calibration setting). Flaps - with lever F up set left box by clicking set, then with lever fully down click right box set. Close. Now your all set for the 747.The MD11 is the same - EXCEPT you need to also set the spolier box. To ensure that spoilers arm I move the lever A down 1/2 inch then click left set box, then move lever fully down and click right box. Close and your done. You can get 1/3rd 2/3rd settings by moving the lever part way. For the flaps, if you predial in the setting on the throttle quadrant the first click will be slats and the second your pre-dialed setting.Now don't ask me why the spoiler setups are different between the 747 and MD11 but if you follow EXACTLY what I have done it should work ok. As I said if anyone has found an easier way please post.Paul Gardner
I have just bought the throttles but am having a nightmare of a time calibrating and using the throttles. Firstly, I have downloaded and installed the 1.81.drivers but the data bridge does not start when FSX starts but can be started if I go to the installation folder and click on the application. When a new application is installed FSX usually asks permission to run the program, not this time.When I calibrate the throttles via game controllers the axis seem to jump all over the place. then when I finally start flying the MD 11 or 747X I can't get full power or idle even after I have calibrated the throttles. I set up flaps and spoilers as above, flaps seem to work OK but spoilers do not.Anyone with any ideas?Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I have just bought the throttles but am having a nightmare of a time calibrating and using the throttles. Firstly, I have downloaded and installed the 1.81.drivers but the data bridge does not start when FSX starts but can be started if I go to the installation folder and click on the application. When a new application is installed FSX usually asks permission to run the program, not this time.When I calibrate the throttles via game controllers the axis seem to jump all over the place. then when I finally start flying the MD 11 or 747X I can't get full power or idle even after I have calibrated the throttles. I set up flaps and spoilers as above, flaps seem to work OK but spoilers do not.Anyone with any ideas?Andrew Dixon
For functionality of data bridge check file EXE.XML in \Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and see if entries for GFdevFSX.exe are correctin there. Sometimes this file does not get updated properly or gets corrupted by other software.If this file is not ok it also does not ask for permission to run and many things can happen then.

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

For functionality of data bridge check file EXE.XML in \Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX and see if entries for GFdevFSX.exe are correctin there. Sometimes this file does not get updated properly or gets corrupted by other software.If this file is not ok it also does not ask for permission to run and many things can happen then.
Thanks for your response, I checked and it is not in the XML file. I deleted the driver and reinstalled, still not there. What do you suggest?Thanks Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Thanks for your response, I checked and it is not in the XML file. I deleted the driver and reinstalled, still not there. What do you suggest?Thanks Andrew
As first try rename the XML file and let the GoFlight software recreate a new oneduring another re-installation. This is to see if the software does what it should.

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

Can anyone please post his TQ6 config file used with the MD-11?I do have the throttles and reverse working, but setting up the spoilers & flaps is a nightmare :( I tried using FSUIPC and it did help somewhat, but I'm sill missing some settings.I use FS9 to set the flaps & spoilers, the throttle & reverse are done via the (latest) Goflight software.I was planning the flap lever to be:upper notch - flaps/slats up1st notch - slats ext2nd notch - Dail-a-flap3rd notch - flaps 284th notch - flaps 35lowest notch - flaps 50Only flaps/slats up, slats ext, dail-a-flap and flaps50 work, but I;m missing flaps 28 & 35.For the spoilers I was planning on:upper notch - spoilers down & disarmed1st notch - spoilers armed (only thing I hear when setting this notch is the actual sound of the spilers being armed, unarmed, armed, unarmed etc...)final notch - 1/3, 2/3 full and waaaaaay down below the ground spoiler fulle extended.If anyone can help me here: please :(

Paul (or anyone?) - what are your FSUIPC.ini numbers for the range of flap settings for the B744? I cannot get to flaps 30, only up to 25 - here is my setting:Flaps=-16037,15254I can get all detents when extending/retracting flaps, except 30....I think that my numbers are wrong...Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg