Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

747 swaying back and forth

Hi all. Well I recently ran into a problem. A week ago I was flying the 747 somewhere when I hit heavy winds and knowing asa everything got messed up. Well the plane started to sway left and right. I took off the weather and it kept doing this. So I got annoyed and just turned it off. Well about 10 minutes ago I was out again with the plane and on climb, the plane was doing this again. So what should I do now, if I uninstall will it affect my md-11 installion and such or can this be fixed with something else cause its pretty annoying.

Hi all. Well I recently ran into a problem. A week ago I was flying the 747 somewhere when I hit heavy winds and knowing asa everything got messed up. Well the plane started to sway left and right. I took off the weather and it kept doing this. So I got annoyed and just turned it off. Well about 10 minutes ago I was out again with the plane and on climb, the plane was doing this again. So what should I do now, if I uninstall will it affect my md-11 installion and such or can this be fixed with something else cause its pretty annoying.
Same here, with FS9

This is a very common complaint with a simple fix: Get registered copy of FSUIPC and use it to smooth winds/pressure/temperature. Even if you are using HiFi products for weather, the msfs weather engine is designed for sightseeing at 7500 ft, not high performance jets and it will cause this behavior. I use 1 deg/kt change per 8 seconds and half the default rates for pressure/temperature.You can check if msfs wx is the problem by selecting clear weather (no weather).

Dan Downs KCRP

This is a very common complaint with a simple fix: Get registered copy of FSUIPC and use it to smooth winds/pressure/temperature. Even if you are using HiFi products for weather, the msfs weather engine is designed for sightseeing at 7500 ft, not high performance jets and it will cause this behavior. I use 1 deg/kt change per 8 seconds and half the default rates for pressure/temperature.You can check if msfs wx is the problem by selecting clear weather (no weather).
I was using a registered copy of fsuipc and there was hardly any wind whatsoever.I also did 4 seconds per 1 degree, but I don't know if I did it right. Can you post a picture of your setup because as stupid as I am I didn't really understand what goes in what box. Hmmm....

I have a registered copy, tried all the recomendations from the forum...it doesn

Any help from anyone. Can you post a pic of you fsuipc setting so I can get it clarified, etc.Update: The md-11 does it too now. It never used to do this. Any help?

My FSUIPC settings:

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok maybe this will help.
I have very good news. It works perfectly now! That fixed it, thanks Mr. Downs.

Guest cincyeaglefan

This is actually what I was looking for in another post.This screenshot would look great on the PMDG 744 Wiki site. I fly with DVA and everyone with a PMDG 744 has complained about this and would love this info. I'll be sure to pass it on. As soon as I made those changes I turned on the weather and the plane stayed on its LNAV/VNAV path. Thank you!!Khary Williams