Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Carenado PA -28RT-201 Arrow IV for FS9

I bought the plane yesterday. For some reason, during taxi, take off, or landing, the Arrow is bouncing around. This is especially the case when applying the brake. This happens at every airport. I tried reinstall, etc. Nothing works. Does anyone else have this issue?It's as if the contact points in the aircraft.cfg are messed up.

I guess I just don't get it. :( I know it is personal preference so there is no right or wrong but if the VC is just as clear as any 2D panel what stops you from just staring straight ahead and using the VC like a 2D panel?
Performance is the key. I mean for small aircraft with simple avionics it is not a factor, but start throwing in weather radar, gps and a bunch of other gauges, and turning off a VC can give you a performance boost that is not insignificant. For this aircraft, it probably wouldn't matter, but overall that's the reason. I also prefer 2d panels with popups. Scrolling around a VC on a 19" monitor is not the best option for me. Too much scrolling and zooming. If I had multi-monitors and trackIR, I would probably get into it more, but now, 2d works best for me.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Well I had a lovely time in Paris...love that city!.....then I come back to this bul*****!Ok Paul you and I have just fallen out. "Many of us have been saying for years the 2D panel was a thing of the past and I think a lot of developers are starting to agree. "Those many you talk of are NOT simmers I respect. (most fly FSX now...I am surprised you don't)VC lovers may be happy to trap themselves in a corner where they have to put up with the cockpit config the modeller supplies...and the lack of accuracy, realism and definition.I am NOT!. I love my many DC-10,B742....etc etc panel confings. I love the freedom/options that 2D panels provide.FS9 offers the option of 2D or VC panels. FSX does not. Only one of the many advantages of FS9 over FSX and one of the reasons I will never be an FSX user. (nothing to do with frames!)I find my photoreal 2D panels far more immersive than the cartoon VC's......don't get me wrong....I love cartoons....just NOT in my sim!If I want more realism it would be a homebuild cockpit! Carenado did not supply a 2D panel.....well they should have. Nevermind at least we have the lovely model. Admittedly I am happy to use a VC for GA aircraft but VC's have limitations (configs)I have not made a full 2D GA panel yet but now I will. For those people missing the 2D panel I will find and photograph a T tail and let's just see how immersive a 2D panel can be. ( I will make it available for those who want it.)

Hi Ed,If you can make a decent 2d panel, I will PAY you for it!!I had a crack at modifying the Carenado Piper Dakota panel, as it seemed a close match to the VC. I added the relevant Arrow gauges, but as you can see the ADI and HSI do not match the moulded panel shape very well. However, it is a usable stop-gap.My main problem is the bouncing nose gear on take off and landing/braking. There is definitely something wrong with the contact point data....

Graeme Butler

Hi Ed,If you can make a decent 2d panel, I will PAY you for it!!I had a crack at modifying the Carenado Piper Dakota panel, as it seemed a close match to the VC. I added the relevant Arrow gauges, but as you can see the ADI and HSI do not match the moulded panel shape very well. However, it is a usable stop-gap.My main problem is the bouncing nose gear on take off and landing/braking. There is definitely something wrong with the contact point data....
Good effort Graeme! I will make a 2D panel the likes that will never have been seen before...it will have a moving prop for starters! (with no drop in frames)p.s I have bought the T tail but not loaded it in the sim yet.....I will after breakfast and see what I can do about the bouncing/contact points.

An anti bounce cfg edit...don't forget to backup!

[contact_points]static_pitch = -0.5static_cg_height = 3.6max_number_of_points = 9point.0=1, 5.00, 0.0, -3.75, 3200, 0, 0.57, 33, 0.20, 2.0, 0.8, 3.5, 3.5, 0, 130.0, 130.0point.1=1, -3.88, -4.5, -3.88, 3200, 1, 0.69,  0.00, 0.3, 2.5, 0.8, 5.0, 5.0, 2, 130.0, 130.0point.2=1, -3.88, 4.5, -3.88, 3200, 2, 0.69,  0.00, 0.3, 2.5, 0.8, 5.0, 5.0, 3, 130.0, 130.0point.3 = 2, -2.95, -18, 0.62, 1600, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 0, 0point.4 = 2, -3.10, 18, 0.62, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0, 0point.5 = 2, -18.80, 0, -1.0, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0point.6 = 2, 5.5, 0, -1.5, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0point.7 = 2, -19.5, 0, 4.7, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0point.8 = 2, -3.0, 0, -1.8, 3200, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0gear_system_type=0[brakes]parking_brake = 1			  //Parking brake availabletoe_brakes_scale = 0.5		//Brake scalarauto_brakes = 0differential_braking_scale = 0.9

Well, that fix worked a treat, Ed; thank you! Nice smooth braking action now. Carenado should have you on retainer.

John G.

Well, that fix worked a treat, Ed; thank you! Nice smooth braking action now. Carenado should have you on retainer.
Geez Ed, didn't mean to get on your Sh*t side... :( Although I really don't get the VC thing and the conversation around them has been going on for years my post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, hence the whole thing about putting people down, attacking them etc... People really can agree to disagree... And I will put up with a lot in these forums but how dare you say I should be flying FSX, no one deserves that.... :( Hope everyone enjoys the latest release regardless, it is a beautiful piece of modeling and the first time I have used a Carenado model with the separate light control so I am very pleased.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello Paul, you are back in my good books because "but how dare you say I should be flying FSX, no one deserves that.... " was da** funny! :( The model agreed is delicous!Instrument lighting connected to landing lights is not good.....Carenado should have learnt how to separate the two by now.The VC is NOT completely clickable...the course and heading setting knobs on the HSI are not clickable .....and should be......a hurried release perhaps....but all could be fixed.Bring on the Seneca I say! :(

You da man, Ed! I've been messin' with those stupid contact points all morning, had the bounce partially dampened but the nosewheel was about a foot in the air in slew mode and the bounce was still pretty pronounced at or near gross weight. Your edit works great without any quirks, thanks.

...the course and heading setting knobs on the HSI are not clickable...
They are actually, but the click spots are small and difficult to find. Click on the HSI to open the 2D rendition of the gauge and the click spots are much easier to use.Arrow_IV_02.jpgWhat is this "separate light control" feature everyone's talking about? You mean the dome lights separated from the instrument lights? I can't see the point of the instrument lights linked to the landing lights either, the 206 had a post lighting effect that was also linked to the landing lights. Don't recall ever seeing this feature on a full scale aircraft :( .Other than that it's a beautiful model and I love the "feel" in the joystick. Wish it had a little more balls though, may have to look into a "Turbo Arrow" conversion.Jim

....oh dear! I hope this is just my sim because this level of incompetence is just taking the P***!fsscr005-3.jpg
Phew, At least I am off the Sh*t list :( Hmm, is it rain only Ed? Maybe a bad rain effect? I will try to replicate as soon as I am done with a defrag... 46% of the way there now...I don't remember seeing that but cant say I have been up in the rain yet...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Well the combination of dusk or night/rain/spinning prop/landing lights results in zero visibility.....this is what we pay good money for. :(

Ed,Thank you very much for the nosegear anti-bounce fix! It works a treat. :(

Graeme Butler

Ed, it looks like they left some FSX code in there, because that "opaque window in the rain" business was an early problem with FS9 aircraft in FSX, so we're probably seeing the opposite situation. Assume that a fix will be forthcoming from Carenado.

John G.