Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Ready for Pushback issues

Hello,I am not sure but I think the support forum at panelshop.com is down.. Anyway, I'm looking for some hints for those that use the "ready for pushback" 747.I am just beginning to learn it. I loaded the first tutorial and am trying to complete it. I am having problems performing the following items:autothrottle. I can't get this to work at all. I set the speed as instructed but nothing happens. There is a knob on the right side that appears to have a "IAS" selection. Sometimes this knob moves, sometimes nothing happens when I click it. When I do manage to click it and move it to "IAS" still no speed control. Altitute holding. I'm a little confused about this. When I click "ALT HOLD" it holds the current alt.. when I move it down to the lower position (can't remember the exact terminology) sometimes it starts to bring the aircraft down.. If I play with the VSI dial or slider.. again.. sometimes it moves, sometimes nothing happens..For both of these issues, I start out fresh with the first tutorial. Most of the settings are already in, and the plane is running and ready on the runway... I'm sure I'm missing something silly.. Anyone have some hints??Greatly appreciated!Jeff

Hi Jeff. You are correct, the Panelshop forum is down; we do not know the cause or how long it is going to take to fix it.Where you are having a problem is with what is called the FFRAT. The RFP does not use an autothrottle in the conventional sense of the word, but a system for controlling the engines. If you will go through the section on the FFRAT carefully you should find the answers to most of your questions.The ALTITUDE HOLD is just that: hold the current altitude. The ALITUDE SELECT allows you to go from one altitude to another.I would suggest that you concentrate on the FFRATS rather than the tutorials: once you've mastered that then you can procede.This is a complex and complicated add-on and you do need to spend time with the manuals.Hopefully we will have the Panelshop forums back before too long; until they are available again we will try to do our best to help out as we can.Best Regards,

Thanks Ed,I will definitely spend some time studying this portion of the manual, and learning it correctly. I must say it's refreshing to see technical support like this after purchasing a product. THis is unusual to get responses on the same day to questions.. even ..umm... "newbie" questions :)you could have just said "RTFM!" :) but I appreciate the patience and effort for people like me.With support like this, you can bet I'll be coming back for more products in the future and I'll recommend this to anyone!JeffP.S.So far, even though I haven't worked the autopilot correctly, I was able to get this baby in the air and fly around.. and even land it.. visually.. and I love the sound effects.. the "feel".. it's really great!

You're very welcome, Jeff. Although the forums appear to have been zapped at the Panelshop forum, the FAQ seem intact and you may be able to find some more information there. The panelshop team will do our best to monitor the AVSIM and "other" forum until we can get the normal support forum issues resolved. Best Regards and Happy Flying,