Sign in to follow this  
tyrodes

Double animated waves artifact?

Have you ever noticed that animated waves at the shoreline occur in sets of two, where one follows right behind the first? I have not come across any other posts on this, so I don

Hi there,actually, the two parts are deliberate. If you watch closely you'll notice that there is one effect that moves shorewards quickly, which simulates the incoming wave, and another that is a bit weaker and doesn't move much, which simulates the outgoing or reflected wave. In fact, the texture used for the second part is reversed from the first, with the straight edge pointing seaward.Having said that the effect really only works well at sandy beaches and there's nothing wrong with editing it to your liking; I've done the same for some of my projects.Cheers, Holger

Yes, but I see two of each. Two that go in and then two that go back out. As you say, the one that gos out is a differnt particle and uses a different bitmap.It seems like I am the only one who sees this. Kinda wierd because my wave files (effect and controller) are the default.