Sign in to follow this  
Guest Psychopsilo420

Flight Simulator 2004 Time Problem *RELOADED*

Guest Psychopsilo420

Hello all, I know this subject is brought up again and again from time to time. I have searched, gurued, and tried various forms of problem solving on my own, with little effect. To start, this problem only happened a few weeks ago when I accidentally deleted my saved default flight. That flight had the time problem resolved. Now, I can resolve it only for a short period of time. For example we all know that in the EST it is currently UTC -4. FS9 and FSX are under the impression it is still UTC -5 for the Eastern time zone. Here is what I have tried doing. 1. Delete FS9.cfg and the Default flight. Started FS, it rebuilt both and I was in SEA with the correct time and UTC -7. Everything looked good until I changed my location and then the time was off again.2. Deleted default flight, and created a flight in the summer of 2003 at KJFK and KSEA. Saved it with the correct UTC time. Set it as default loaded it and same problem. As soon as I change location UTC and Local is off again.3. Installed FS Real Time with no effect. The same problem. FS Real time didnt recognize the DST to ST change.So With that off my chest. gotta love Microsoft. I think this is one of their hidden features. If anyone has shared the same problem and figured out a solution please send it this way. Otherwise for those of you who are without this problem be thankful. It's just funny how such a little thing like this annoys me but it does.Thanks for listening and I'd appreciate any comments or questions.Justin

Hello all, I know this subject is brought up again and again from time to time. I have searched, gurued, and tried various forms of problem solving on my own, with little effect. To start, this problem only happened a few weeks ago when I accidentally deleted my saved default flight. That flight had the time problem resolved. Now, I can resolve it only for a short period of time. For example we all know that in the EST it is currently UTC -4. FS9 and FSX are under the impression it is still UTC -5 for the Eastern time zone. Here is what I have tried doing. 1. Delete FS9.cfg and the Default flight. Started FS, it rebuilt both and I was in SEA with the correct time and UTC -7. Everything looked good until I changed my location and then the time was off again.2. Deleted default flight, and created a flight in the summer of 2003 at KJFK and KSEA. Saved it with the correct UTC time. Set it as default loaded it and same problem. As soon as I change location UTC and Local is off again.3. Installed FS Real Time with no effect. The same problem. FS Real time didnt recognize the DST to ST change.So With that off my chest. gotta love Microsoft. I think this is one of their hidden features. If anyone has shared the same problem and figured out a solution please send it this way. Otherwise for those of you who are without this problem be thankful. It's just funny how such a little thing like this annoys me but it does.Thanks for listening and I'd appreciate any comments or questions.Justin
---------------Does this perhaps relate to the fact that the standard/daylight time changeover date has been changed-now occuring a few weeks earlier in some areas? Alex Reid

Guest Psychopsilo420

Yes it does. I guess I should just wait. If it happened already, why doesn't flight simulator recognize that. No matter how far ahead the date is, it changes on my end when I change location.Thanks for the reply.Justin

Do you also have World Time Zones v3.51 installed and activated?This is an addon to FS Realtime.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest Psychopsilo420
Do you also have World Time Zones v3.51 installed and activated?This is an addon to FS Realtime.
I did have it installed. It was active in my scenery library. I recently uninstalled FS Real Time and World Time Zones since it did not work. Unless I did something wrong setting it up.Thanks for the replyJustin

Umm, Fs9 has no idea that the USA has instituted DST a month earlier. The software was created well before this change in time. You'll never get this game to figure that out on its own. Its simply not incorporated into the software.I suppose you are going to have to fool it into thinking something different. Did you say that you actually had it fixed in your .cfg? That would be good to know. I hope you remember what you did cause I'd like to fix mine too. Probably someone figured out an edit line that tells the sim to change the scenery to display one hour earlier than the sim time. Thats the real issue. I flew last night and it was clearly dark much earlier than what was actually occurring outside my home. I was flying locally and I was confused until it dawned on me.FSreal time wont fix you either because this is a recent American issue. The creator of that program would have to go in and make an edit if HIS software. Doubt that will happen. I believe we are only about 1 week from the issue being resolved anyway aren't we?Sure pays to back up that .cfg doesn't it? :( As many tweaks, programs and gizmos that have been created for this game I cant believe someone hasn't written a nice little program that does that for you each time you shut down the sim. That little program alone would save about 50% of the posts on this forum.

Guest Psychopsilo420
Umm, Fs9 has no idea that the USA has instituted DST a month earlier. The software was created well before this change in time. You'll never get this game to figure that out on its own. Its simply not incorporated into the software.I suppose you are going to have to fool it into thinking something different. Did you say that you actually had it fixed in your .cfg? That would be good to know. I hope you remember what you did cause I'd like to fix mine too. Probably someone figured out an edit line that tells the sim to change the scenery to display one hour earlier than the sim time. Thats the real issue. I flew last night and it was clearly dark much earlier than what was actually occurring outside my home. I was flying locally and I was confused until it dawned on me.FSreal time wont fix you either because this is a recent American issue. The creator of that program would have to go in and make an edit if HIS software. Doubt that will happen. I believe we are only about 1 week from the issue being resolved anyway aren't we?Sure pays to back up that .cfg doesn't it? :( As many tweaks, programs and gizmos that have been created for this game I cant believe someone hasn't written a nice little program that does that for you each time you shut down the sim. That little program alone would save about 50% of the posts on this forum.
Thanks for the reply Kimchoc. Yea I did have it fixed however not within the cfg, rather the default flight that was saved. I remember seeing a post on the Avsim forums way a while back, and I implemented it with great success. I tried doing it by memory only to fail over and over again. We will just have to wait until some knowledgeable programmers figure out a way to fix this. So far this just leaves you and me in this whole community who find this "hidden feature" annoying. BTW great idea with a program that backs up key components of FS. You should pitch that idea to a company. That would be perfect for people who continuously tweak and add other programs to the platform. Thanks again for the reply.Justin