Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

TrackIR 4 Pro parameters for PMDG 744X

I have installed the product, but when I turn my head left to see out of captain's window, the view jumps to looking at the floor. When I again look straight forward, the view is of the outside turned to an angle of 30 degrees, and with some of the cabin not displaying. I then have to re-press the PF12 key to return to a straight-ahead view.Could someone tell me the values of the parameters used successfully in their FSX profile please?Many thanks, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest craneduitre

I think its a trackIR issue.You should be sure that the reception on the 3 sensors is fine.Be carefull to not have direct light on it, or background light on.It mess it up.(I didn't change anything in the profile.)

I have installed the product, but when I turn my head left to see out of captain's window, the view jumps to looking at the floor. When I again look straight forward, the view is of the outside turned to an angle of 30 degrees, and with some of the cabin not displaying. I then have to re-press the PF12 key to return to a straight-ahead view.Could someone tell me the values of the parameters used successfully in their FSX profile please?Many thanks, Richard
Richard!Try something like this for TrackIR 4 pro. (working spendid for me. Have had this profile about 1 and a half year now)/ Leffe

mcdonar, do you have the track clip pro? If so, make sure you select that one instead of vector (which is selected in Leif's screenshot). I use the default Flight profile: I only changed smoothing to 80 or 100 or something like that. I think it's wise not to change profiles until you've got everything working: only when you know how it all works and when everything is fine, you should start finetuning profiles. Big chance you will get used to the default Flight profile... :( And indeed, you have to watch out for interfering light: I have my computer on the attic and when I fly in the morning, the sun sometimes shines brightly on the wall behind the computer screen: this really makes a mess of the TrackIR in FSX!

Leif & Jeroen,Many thanks for your prompt responses.I have now checked the TrackIR Pro 4 and set the parameters as shown. All now appears to be fine.Cheers, Richard :(

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx