Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetman12

Error Message

Guest jetman12

Gentlemen: I am beggining to try this new simulator from PMDG. In relation to the FMC, I am getting a message when I first try to type in my departure airport that says "Not in Database". Probably this a minor issue with a very easy solution wich I have not found yet ; not even in the manual that comes with the simulator.Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue?Help is greatly appreciated.C-L. Castano

It's been a while since I've driven the PMDG 737, but a few possibilities spring to mind...The first is that the location genuinely is not in the database, this might happen if you have an old version of the PMDG 737, and can probably be sorted out by downloading the update for it from the PMDG website, which should update the AIRAC data for the FMC. Having said that, it's worth checking to see if you have an up to date version, I did that fairly recently and was surprised to find that my boxed CD version of the PMDG 737 which I bought ages ago is the most up to date version and there is no update for it from PMDG in spite of its age. Nevertheless, you could check that via the PMDG website and see if the location then appears, if not, you could get around it by assigning a Fix to the location so that the FMC has a reference for it.also make sure that when you select the PMDG 737, you let it load up all the navigation data before clicking on anything, just to make sure it all loads up properly.It is entirely possible that the location is not in the database if it is a new airport or navigation facility; new things get built and changed around in the real world, stuff in FS9 and in older add-on aircraft sometimes gets left behind and doesn't always reflect reality. Some fixes and waypoints are simply not in the FMC databases of FS add-on aircraft, as they often use older AIRAC databases, and in fact will not be able to do even that for much longer, as that kind of data is not being made as widely available as it used to be.The second possibility which I thought might be behind the message is that the aircraft's Inertial Reference System might not be aligned, so the aircraft FMC is giving you erroneous information because it does not know its current location. If that's the case, then aligning the IRS should solve the problem.As I say, it's been a while since I fired up the PMSG 737, so I could be wrong on these suggestions, I'd really recommend posting a question in the PMDG forum, as there is a better chance someone who is 'current' on the PMDG 737 will see it and be able to give you a definitive answer.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest jetman12
Gentlemen: I am beggining to try this new simulator from PMDG. In relation to the FMC, I am getting a message when I first try to type in my departure airport that says "Not in Database". Probably this a minor issue with a very easy solution wich I have not found yet ; not even in the manual that comes with the simulator.Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue?Help is greatly appreciated.C-L. Castano
Mr Bradbury: thank you so much for your suggestions. The version I have is not older than a couple of years. However I will send a message to PMDG and see if they have an alternate solution. Once again, thanks.C.L.Castano

As Alan mentioned more than likely it would be your Nav data.Look in the following folder to see if your files are indeed there.C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FMCWPThis is where the PMDG nav resides.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG