Sign in to follow this  
Peterwk

Radar Contact Affecting Aircraft Heading

Dear All,I have noticed a recent problem with Radar Contact v4.2 and FS2004 on my computer.There are two parts of this problem, but I think that they are related.Firstly, when I am heading to the approach part of the flight Radar Contact directs me to a heading which is totally inappropriate. When I ignore the directions, I am constantly told to take this heading even though it directs me away from the airport.Secondly, I have noticed that when I am using Radar Contact, it seems to affect the aircraft's compass such that the heading as presented on the displays is wrong by up to 70 degrees.Has anyone else found this problem, and if so, how did they fix it?Best regards,Peterwk

There are a couple of things to check:Make sure you install the current FSUIPC 3 version as directed in the thread at the top of the forum. While you are there get the latest version of makerwys.FSUIPC can affect heading heading reports. Makerwys affects the geographical data for airports that RC uses in the scenery database builder.Last jd needs to e-mail you the link to the last version of RC, version 4.3. Send an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com with if different the e-mail address you ordered RC with.After you've upgraded RC, and installed your new versions of FSUIPC and makerwys.exe, do the RC scenery rebuild followed by a restart of RC and a test flight.

Dear All,I have noticed a recent problem with Radar Contact v4.2 and FS2004 on my computer.There are two parts of this problem, but I think that they are related.Firstly, when I am heading to the approach part of the flight Radar Contact directs me to a heading which is totally inappropriate. When I ignore the directions, I am constantly told to take this heading even though it directs me away from the airport.Secondly, I have noticed that when I am using Radar Contact, it seems to affect the aircraft's compass such that the heading as presented on the displays is wrong by up to 70 degrees.Has anyone else found this problem, and if so, how did they fix it?Best regards,Peterwk
i can almost guarantee you that you missed your crossing restriction. have you read the manual about new crossing restrictions and old crossing restrictions? have you flown any of the tutorials?i bet this happens 40 miles from the arrival airport, and you are turned 90 degrees left or right.and if this is outside of the united states, what is the crossing restriction? FL110 or FL120 or 11,000 or 12,000? make s big difference if your altimeter is set wrong.jd