Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

To buy or Not to buy "Secret Plane"

Firstly this is not a knock at the secret plane release but Im interested in knowing when it is revealed is there any aircraft that you would 100% buy or 100% decline to purchase??? For me if it is a CRJ I will defiantly make the purchase 100%, no question. I can't say that would not purchase it, if it is something different but!!!! this looks like its going to be an interesting year with and I say this very lightly a LevelD 757, and a AS 320 plus the 737ng which for me is already a set in stone purchase. My MSFS budget is not what it used to be, so I have to make careful decisions on what I purchase from now on. What seals the deal for you??? Or will you get it regardless.Ian

Well, the 737 is certainly one of my favourites, but also a useful aircraft for FS flights of a suitable length, so like most other FS 737s, the upcoming PMDG version will be pretty much a 'must have' for me, which is sort of the same reason why many want a decent A320.But with regards to other aircraft, I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of all the glass cockpit aircraft for FS, because cockpit commonality, whilst a good thing for real aircraft and ease of pilot type ratings, does not make for a good deal of variety where simulated aircraft are concerned. I strongly suspect that's one of the reasons why the PMDG MD-11 has proved popular - notwithstanding its obvious quality - it's something different from the norm. That was in fact why I bought the CLS 747, because it is an up to date rendering of an aircraft in which you can use the old INS nav system instead of yet another FMC automoton, and that makes for more interest on a long flight. The CLS 747-200 is in no way as detailed as PMDG's 747-400, but it was different enough to be compelling in spite of the relative simplicity of how it is featured in terms of buttons you can press.Now I know that makes the bit I said above about the 737NG seem nonsensical, but I make an exception for the baby Boeing, because I just really love the 737 and personally regard it as being as iconic as the DC-3.We all know PMDG tend to throw in as much fidelity as possible when they create a simulated aircraft, so you can pretty much take it as read that a PMDG offering will be good, but these days I'm more likely to be swayed by something being either different, or innovative. One of the pitfalls of being spoiled by quality I guess.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If it's a high-fidelity sim like the 747 and MD-11 I'll buy it. I continue to be amazed how much detail $80 or so will get you from this company...I'm hoping it is designed for FSX, like the MD-11 is - the framerates are so much better than in ported FS9 aircraft.Tom

Guest ruddy122

Honestly for me, I'm looking for a quality sim. I'm definitely looking forward to PMDG's 737 2.0 that's a guaranteed purchase for both FS9 and FSX.Even though I like FSX, I recently reinstalled FS9 on my new computer. Somehow FS9 gives me more dynamic scenery and better frame rates on my quad core PC so I'm not sure which one is better. The other reason I reinstalled FS9 is AS's A320 project, nobody has really designed an FS9 or FSX realistic Airbus just because it is so hard to program all the flight control laws the real airbus uses. If someone can crack that nut and create a realistic A320 for FS9 or FSX, that sim developer has just found the holy grail of flight simming and will create a runaway success.But honestly, I will buy the Secret Plane PMDG offers because I trust their quality and effort in creating quality sims.Keep up the excellent work PMDG!!!!! :( Rudy Alejandro