Sign in to follow this  
Guest pete1_leeds

Upcoming Releases

I must have been flying around with my brain up and locked...but what was Cessna's decision re copyright that will effect flight sims??? I hadn't heard anything about it...thanks
From what I've read, and I am sure I will be corrected by those more in the know, that Textron, Cessna's parent as Jim correctly pointed out, is using a third- party to represent them and adminster their copyright program concerning images and modeling. This third party is now requesting rather exorbitant monthly fees from (certain?) developers and this hefty ransom could potentially be a major hinderance for developers to offer Cessna models to the community.

Regards, Kendall

Actually.... it's Textron's decision, (Cessna's parent company) not Cessna's.Jim
Jim, I skipped the Textron/Cessna bit in order to convey the answer that we are moving forward on all fronts.I'm not interested in discussing which arm is responsible or rehashing old news. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

From what I've read, and I am sure I will be corrected by those more in the know, that Textron, Cessna's parent as Jim correctly pointed out, is using a third- party to represent them and adminster their copyright program concerning images and modeling. This third party is now requesting rather exorbitant monthly fees from (certain?) developers and this hefty ransom could potentially be a major hinderance for developers to offer Cessna models to the community.
Thanks. I hadn't heard that. Sounds pretty pathetic to me. General aviation is getting slammed in today's economy. (Textron stock is down 87% over the last year.) Congress is scapegoating business jets. Cessna is laying off. Aren't GA flight hours down and new pilot starts down... Overheard in a Textron conference room: Hey Boss! I've got a great idea! Let's chase licensing fees from those flight sim developers. There must be a lot of money in that. Better yet, let's hire a third party to chase the fees. Good job Frobisher! That'll turn it around...unless they just stop making Cessna models.Can they do that Boss???