Sign in to follow this  
737BBJ

How to configure panels for widescreen display

I want to run PMDG 737 & 747 on my 46" Samsung LCD. At this point, I want to ensure full function of the panels and worry about aesthetics later. PMDG's website indicates the panels should be run in 4:3 aspect ratio to work properly. 1)Is it possible to run these panels in 16:9 with full and normal functionality, and if so, 2) how to I make it happen? What issues should I expect to encounter? I have been reading about issues related to gauges not functioning properly in a 16:9 or 16:10 configuration, specifically the buttons on the CDU not corresponding (hit "8" and get a "0"?) All of the posts I have read indicate that the CDU needs to be resized. Does anyone have a detailed explanation on what specific changes should be made? Does anyone run the panels in 16:9 without any problems?Thanks for any help.Justin

I run the 747 on my 16:9 monitor with no problems. (just a bit wider but not oddly so).The 737 my friend runs on his 16:9 monitor is ok but all you have to do is resize the cdu (make higher) else the buttons along the bottom insert the next line up. (press 0, get 8, etc).Or press on the very bottom edge of the buttons.OR possibly alter the panel.cfg for the cdu to alter the size (if possible!)John E