hello tim! hello people!one question ! can you send me or can you post the "best settings" (ASA/ASX) from your sight or your "test" settings?which version of simmconnect do you use ?? or fsx SP ? SDK SP1a/2 FSX SP1/2 ? (are there differences in depiction?)and is this correct FSX SP1 -> must be used with SDK SP1a and FSX SP2 must be used with SDK SP2 or can that be mixed ??i have read many of the topics and, i mean i don

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Hi,I hope that I am tim!!It is best to start with the default settings and then adjust settings from that point to fit your hardware and likings.You only need the SDKs if you are installing over a network. A single computer does not need them.I use SP1 and Acceleration for my FSX.Thanks,

Guest ashwath

jim,the person wanted u to post the settings that you personally use at home or wherever. pls take a screenshot and sent it to us. u never know, might help us in some way. a screenshot of the settings for both ASA & ASX would be valuable.thanks.regards,

Hi,I hope that I am tim!!It is best to start with the default settings and then adjust settings from that point to fit your hardware and likings.You only need the SDKs if you are installing over a network. A single computer does not need them.I use SP1 and Acceleration for my FSX.Thanks,
:( :( :( sorry please, typing error :-) ! ofcourse JIM !! yes, thanks for your reply but i would like to compare yours with my settings (expect you want to keep this secret ;-), no problem )!and i meant ofcourse the version of SIMMCONNECT (i miscalled this SDK, there are 2 servicepacks or not ??) ! (Simmconnect -> i know that and i want to use a network configuration !! ) thanks !

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Hi,Yes, 2 service packs of FSX.Here are my settings:I hope these are useful.Thanks,

Guest ashwath

hi jim,thx for ur screenshots...as far as ASA is concerned:1. y do u keep dynamic rate of change of weather at 0%? could u pls elaborate on tht?2. u have disabled haze layer, but then y dont u use fog layer generation? the manual says to use fog layer with disable haze layer for better realism.3. u have enabled create additional stations and enhance route coverage. as far as i know these settings do not produce any visible difference, but they do stress ur system a lot and create horrible wind shifts. may i know y u using these?regards,

hello Jim !thank you for your reply !i try out your settings (only let haze layer enabled) and i don

Hi AUA,Thanks for the report and the shots. I am glad my settings are helping! Yes, set the stratus cloud slider for some flat clouds. I think the cumulus clouds form a better OVC layer.Hi Ashwath,I hope you don't mind the combination post. Sometimes the Forum software will combine them anyway.1. I set that to zero because I feel that I get smoother weather transitions in FSX that way. I use ASX the same way.2. This setting also is a personal one. I just think the fog layer looks fake in FSX. Users should try both and see which way they think is best.3. Both of these do not add any stress to a system that I am aware of. They add stations to help with wind shifts especially in places where stations are very far apart. Visually, they can help with weather transitions between actual stations.I hope this helps both of you!

Guest ashwath
Hi AUA,Thanks for the report and the shots. I am glad my settings are helping! Yes, set the stratus cloud slider for some flat clouds. I think the cumulus clouds form a better OVC layer.Hi Ashwath,I hope you don't mind the combination post. Sometimes the Forum software will combine them anyway.1. I set that to zero because I feel that I get smoother weather transitions in FSX that way. I use ASX the same way.2. This setting also is a personal one. I just think the fog layer looks fake in FSX. Users should try both and see which way they think is best.3. Both of these do not add any stress to a system that I am aware of. They add stations to help with wind shifts especially in places where stations are very far apart. Visually, they can help with weather transitions between actual stations.I hope this helps both of you!
hi,no problem about the post combination. will try out ur settings and see how the depiction goes.regards,

Guest policeman

Hi, would this setting also work in FS9 or is there an other one. Can you help me for the best setting.Roland

Hi, would this setting also work in FS9 or is there an other one. Can you help me for the best setting.Roland
If you look at the screenshots carefully you will see they are for FS9 though I copied them into FSX so I assume they are the same

Hi All,As you change from FS9 mode to FSX mode, the option screens stay the same. It's just the idea that some settings are for FS9 only and some are for FSX only. So my shots would be the same in FS9 mode or FSX mode!Thanks,

Guest ashwath

hi jim,tried out ur settings with ASA 394 and FSX. it seems tht if u disable haze layer and also do not enable fog layer then the visibility depiction suffers, i.e. if u start at an airport with say 1 mile visibility and then u climb above tht visibility layer, then suddenly everything becomes clear below if fog layer is not present. however, this does not happen if fog layer is enabled, u can see the fog layer from above nicely blanketing the airport. the other setting related to creating additional stations and enhanced route coverage, screws up the depiction big time because of totally messed up interpolation. using these settings i had wrong weather at my departure airport, along my route and at the destination airport. without these settings everything seems much better but not perfect. as far as dynamic rate of change is concerned i do not see any visible difference by setting it to either 0% or 50%. i guess the main problem with ASA is its interpolation technology which might be hampering the weather of all stations nearby and eventually resulting in cloud pops, temperature fluctuations, wind shifts, etc. so pls look into it.thx.regards,

Guest ashwath

hi,some more testing done. by now i can definitely say tht the problem lies in interpolation. i flew from an airport with clear skies (LFVP) (no interpolation) to an airport with 1 mile visibility (cyyt) (advanced interpolation). as i was approaching my destination airport, ASA atis reported 1 mile visibility with a ceiling of 200 broken, but FSX atis for the destination airport reported clear skies and visibility of greater than 15 miles. ultimately wht i saw in game was wht FSX atis was reporting, so totally wrong depiction. for the departure airport everything was fine. this weather depiction problem with interpolated airports was not there in build 355, but build 355 had visibility smoothing issues which has been well addressed in build 394. so pls look into these issues.regards,