Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

FS9 freezes during RC4 start up

Guest over and out

Hi all, I have been usinf RC4 for a while but I keep getting a problem when I leave FS9 to start RC4. Every time I try to maximize the view back to full view aftter I start RC4, the windo goes black and fs9 freezes. It doesnt do it when I try to go to window mode and back, without using RC4.I have no ther problems with my computer.Dell XPS gen 2, 3.2 Ghz, 4gb ram, ATI X850 card with 512 mb, Windows XP and so on, nothing unusual here.Any help would be appreciated,Thanks!

Hi all, I have been usinf RC4 for a while but I keep getting a problem when I leave FS9 to start RC4. Every time I try to maximize the view back to full view aftter I start RC4, the windo goes black and fs9 freezes. It doesnt do it when I try to go to window mode and back, without using RC4.I have no ther problems with my computer.Dell XPS gen 2, 3.2 Ghz, 4gb ram, ATI X850 card with 512 mb, Windows XP and so on, nothing unusual here.Any help would be appreciated,Thanks!
this is almost always a video driver issue, or video driver settings (AA, etc)jd

Guest over and out

Do you know if there are any common settings that I should look into or check? Its and ATI X850 with 512 megs , its also an agp..Essentially, it is happening so much that I started to use RC4 less and less.Can you make any suggestions on where to start?Thanks

Do you know if there are any common settings that I should look into or check? Its and ATI X850 with 512 megs , its also an agp..Essentially, it is happening so much that I started to use RC4 less and less.Can you make any suggestions on where to start?Thanks
according to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...mp;lang=Englishthe latest driver is 9.3 what are you running?have you tried running dxdiag at a command prompt? run all the tests, any errors?are you overclocking?put fs at normal settings, across the board, can you duplicate the problem?what if you aren't running rc, can you hit alt-enter 3 - 4 times in a row, without a problem?jdjd

Guest over and out

HI JD,well, I have the latest driver.I ran the dxdiag and it came back fine.I went back into fs9 and tried going back and forth with the alt enter, without starting RC4 and it worked fine, I did it several times with a few different plans and locations.BUT, once I tried it with starting RC4, it crashes fs9, the window turns black and the curser/hour glass symbol just flickers. Then I have to close it all.Im not over clocking.So do you have any other suggestions? Is there a way to start RC4 without having to go through the screen changes?

HI JD,well, I have the latest driver.I ran the dxdiag and it came back fine.I went back into fs9 and tried going back and forth with the alt enter, without starting RC4 and it worked fine, I did it several times with a few different plans and locations.BUT, once I tried it with starting RC4, it crashes fs9, the window turns black and the curser/hour glass symbol just flickers. Then I have to close it all.Im not over clocking.So do you have any other suggestions? Is there a way to start RC4 without having to go through the screen changes?
surestart fs in window mode, click fly now.start rc, load your .pln, and click startgive fs focuspress alt-enter and go to full screen.

Guest over and out

I have done that. Actually I have found that if I start the window resizing from the tower view, then it seams to work more of the time. So I go into tower view, pause the sim go to window mode, start RC, then go back to full screen view. And this seams to work better, but not always. I like your programs, but for me this is just becoming too much of a problem, there must be something wrong in my set up, but I have no problems with Widefs, Active Sky, GE Pro, FSBuild, FSPassenger (when I used it), FSCommander, Flight Keeper, and more.I'll tinker with it a little more, but if there is no solution Ill just have to stop using it.

Have you tried to Alt-Tab between the folder where the RC shortcut is and FS full screen? Alt-Tab will also switch back to RC full screen even after it has minimized so you could quit it if necessary.

Guest over and out

Hi, not sure I understand your alt tab instruction: "Alt-Tab between the folder where the RC shortcut is and FS full screen"I just alt tab if fs9, then open RC4 from the desk top icon or program start menu list... is there a better way?

Guest over and out

ok, I think I got it!I start by first opening RC4, then I Start fs9 and load my plane/flight. Then I alt tab and it switches to rc4, I start that and alt tab again... and it works great! I don't know why the alt-enter is such a problem, but this works very well and it's very smooth. the other way the windows were slower and would flash a bit between modes.Great, now I can use it. I was forced for a while to use the default and once you use your program, there is no going back to the default.Thanks! :(