Is there any Vista64 settings for FSX ??Sanal :(

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest rdg
Is there any Vista64 settings for FSX ??Sanal :(
Hi,Not sure exactly what you are asking. Do you mean settings specifically for Vista in the FSX config file? Or do you mean optimizing Vista for FSX? Bob

Hi,Not sure exactly what you are asking. Do you mean settings specifically for Vista in the FSX config file? Or do you mean optimizing Vista for FSX? Bob
Bob, Thanks for your replay. I am experiencing many problems with Vista 64 to play the FSX. I was wondering, may be I missed some thing to make some settings in Vista (If there is such a thing available) for play FSX. I know it doesn't make any sense. I am totally lost. Three PC changed and now having powerful PC. I can only fly PMDG MD-11X and 747X in DX;10 review mode. I forgot how many Graphic cards replaced many drivers, heatsinks, fans, on and on....It doesn't work.Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

Guest rdg
Bob, Thanks for your replay. I am experiencing many problems with Vista 64 to play the FSX. I was wondering, may be I missed some thing to make some settings in Vista (If there is such a thing available) for play FSX. I know it doesn't make any sense. I am totally lost. Three PC changed and now having powerful PC. I can only fly PMDG MD-11X and 747X in DX;10 review mode. I forgot how many Graphic cards replaced many drivers, heatsinks, fans, on and on....It doesn't work.Sanal
Hi Sanai,I just went to vist 64 also and am in process of overclocking my CPU. Next on my list is to follow Nick_N's tweak guide. Search for "Nicks tweak Guide" in this forum or google it. Nick is all over on many forums. Should not be hard to find. I must warn you though that the list fairly extensive, but Nick really knows his stuff! Also, there is this thread about this little utility that many, who have had spikes while running FPS unlimited in FSX, are claiming it has done them a world of good. I dont know if you are experiencing spikes, search the forum for "FSX Optimizer"I dont know what hardware you have but that can be helpful for others to know when posting issues. I have not yet got to the OS tweaking yet until I get my overclock done, so difficult for me to help you at this time. Try to be a little more specific with the issues you are having. The expertise here is quite wide but specifics do help.RegardsBob G

Hi Sanai,I just went to vist 64 also and am in process of overclocking my CPU. Next on my list is to follow Nick_N's tweak guide. Search for "Nicks tweak Guide" in this forum or google it. Nick is all over on many forums. Should not be hard to find. I must warn you though that the list fairly extensive, but Nick really knows his stuff! Also, there is this thread about this little utility that many, who have had spikes while running FPS unlimited in FSX, are claiming it has done them a world of good. I dont know if you are experiencing spikes, search the forum for "FSX Optimizer"I dont know what hardware you have but that can be helpful for others to know when posting issues. I have not yet got to the OS tweaking yet until I get my overclock done, so difficult for me to help you at this time. Try to be a little more specific with the issues you are having. The expertise here is quite wide but specifics do help.RegardsBob G
Bob, I upgraded my memory from 4Gb to 8 GB and FSX DX:10 Review selection is doing great job. I didn't have "Blue screen" during two major flights . Both flights were over 15 Hours. I am monitoring my "Memory Utilizing" Landing at JFK reached only to 43%. It looks like, I am ok for a moment.I think in my scenario DX:10 was the Sim Saver.RegardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

Guest rdg
Bob, I upgraded my memory from 4Gb to 8 GB and FSX DX:10 Review selection is doing great job. I didn't have "Blue screen" during two major flights . Both flights were over 15 Hours. I am monitoring my "Memory Utilizing" Landing at JFK reached only to 43%. It looks like, I am ok for a moment.I think in my scenario DX:10 was the Sim Saver.RegardsSanal
Hi Sanal,Well, you are really first one who seems to like DX10. Most talked about the texture shimmering and the inability to set AA or Anisio on the Video card, and needing to set these at the sim level. Setting at the sim level usually(at least DX9) resulted in poor performance. Most complained about Aircraft not be DX10 compliant. So it looks like I need to give it a serious look to see if it will work for me. Thanks again for your input!RegardsBob G