Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Apollosoftware Airbus "Fly By Wire"

Guest jcomm

Any one with it yet? Comments apreciated.I have oredered it, based on the documents posted long ago at Apollo's site, but the few articles about it suggested it is not a big deal...

Before i buy it, i wan't to see some pictures of the product !hmm any one ?CheersStian

I got it on saturday. Unfortunately the DVD is not readable and I have to send it back.

Hi there,from some reviews on German FS sites as well as forum comments, it would appear that most people are not happy with the product. The main complaints are:No working overhead panelMCDU navdata incomplete and not editable (Singapore appears to be missing, amongst others)Joystick configuration doesn't work on a lot of computersOutside models appear to be Project Airbus A320, Flightcraft A340 and some unidentified FSDS model.I haven't seen any positive comments about the package, so maybe it's worth holding back on that one...Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest jason2112

Is there any current info on whether the freeware authors of the external models gave their approval to include their planes in the Apollo package? I read in another thread that they were not asked, and IF that's true, it would be a very strong argument against buying anything from Apollo. I want to emphasize again that I have no CONFIRMED information on that topic. Anyone, anyone?Bye,VOlker :]

Volker,I think the best people to ask are the authors of the freeware models themselves in this case. Anything else would be hearsay.Hope that helpsHappy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

Guest jason2112

You're right, of course! But I'm not really involved in this whole thing, just an interested bystander who wanted to bring up this topic because I think it is an important one, even if not directly related to the quality of Apollo's product.Bye,VOlker :]

Guest jason2112

The review says that the Project Airbus people were not asked for permission to include their model in the package. That alone would be enough for me not to buy from this company ...Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]