Sign in to follow this  
Guest CrashGordon

Rotating winds

Guest CrashGordon

I'm not certain what the cause is, or whether it is related to Active Sky Advanced or is simply a quirk of FSX, but can someone give me an idea of why I am seeing such rapid changes in wind direction in the following screen shots? Thanks.2009-03-24_000089.jpg2009-03-24_000090.jpg2009-03-24_000091.jpg2009-03-24_000092.jpg2009-03-24_000093.jpg2009-03-24_000094.jpg2009-03-24_000095.jpg2009-03-24_000096.jpg2009-03-24_000097.jpg2009-03-24_000098.jpg

I'm sure you will find the phenomenon mentioned at least once somewhere in the first few pages of the Hifi forum section.Windshifts, which are an FS9/X bug and can be fixed/mitigated by turning on DWC.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest ashwath
I'm sure you will find the phenomenon mentioned at least once somewhere in the first few pages of the Hifi forum section.Windshifts, which are an FS9/X bug and can be fixed/mitigated by turning on DWC.
hi andy,if it is a bug with FS9/FSX then how come these wind shifts do not happen when using the default FS9/FSX weather engine which uses the concept of station based mode. it happens only with ASA/ASX and mainly because of improper interpolation. so this is something tht has to be looked into even more. add-on planes like pmdg do not suffer wind shifts with the default FS weather engine. of course there will be some violent changes in airpseed because the turbulence feature has been enabled but not to the extent of going into an overspeed or a stall condition. so its not a bug with FS.regards,

I can assure you that windshifts and rotating winds do very much occur in FSX and FS9 with the default weather engine and it IS as a result of a bug in the weather engine of said simulators, it is a well known fact in the flight sim community.

Cheers, Andy.

I can assure you that windshifts and rotating winds do very much occur in FSX and FS9 with the default weather engine and it IS as a result of a bug in the weather engine of said simulators, it is a well known fact in the flight sim community.
- so you mean that if I use the FSX weather interface and set a wind to 010/80 at FL 350, then the wind will swing around like you say?I have to try it out right away, because I have never heard of such problems - before Active Sky came on the market.

I'm talking about when the FSX/FS9 weather engine is using real world weather updates, why do you think Pete Dowson has worked on fixing the weather with various versions of FSUIPC for so many years.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Crash,We are sorry for the issue. The problem is in Simconnect and the way it deals with winds. We have been trying to work around this for over 2 years now and we have made much progress.Can you please make sure that you are using B394 of ASA and that DWC is On in your ASA?Please report back when you get a chance.Thanks,

Guest ashwath

hi jim,somehow the concept of DWC does not impress me at all because i dont like weather at the current location being applied globally. and as far as ASA 394 is concerned, global mode cloud depiction is far from accurate if cloud redraws are disabled. if these wind issues could be fixed with station based mode...it would be excellent.regards,

Hi Ash,I understand your concerns, but without knowing the exact programming I would say then we would be right back where we were with ASX and winds. As you know the cloud pops has been noted already on the "look at" list and we continue to look at winds as well.Thanks,

Guest ashwath

alright; whatever it is, pls keep working on it and pls pay attention to fixing issues in station based mode also. we ASA users r willing to do any testing if required to do so, to make ur product the BEST!!! cheers!!!regards,