Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Time for something fun!

Hi ChrisWell, i wouldn't have gone for a Level D simulator and i would certainly not build a house around the simulator, that would be a bit over the top, especially in Norway where the prices are relatively high compared to the US and Asia :)But i would rather enjoy a good flight simulator instead of owning a real aircraft, considering maintenance costs, parking fees, landing fees..etc.Kind regardsJan

Guest CX355
I recall a few years ago there was a BIG jackpot in the NSW Lotto - something like (AUD)$30 million. At the time, a local small airport was up for sale 3 mins drive from my parents house. I think it was worth about (AUD)$6 million. I remember saying that if I won, I'd purchase the airport (it was used until 10 months prior for a small regional airline until they moved), knock down the buildings, build a nice house, a nice big hangar large enough for 2 or 3 aircraft, fix the taxiways and apron, put up a nice new fence and live there with my PC-12 AND King Air. Ahh, that would've been the life for me. Unfortunately, some other twit won instead of me - the whole lot, he was the only winner! Sob, sob.
Ya, I think BG must have a tumor, with all that money, geeeezzzzzz, whats he spend it on? Vincent :(

Beechcraft Baron hands down. Turbines are way too expensive to maintain and the beechcraft is powerful yet fast and has a good range, but that doesn't matter. Any GA plane will land every 2 hours or so.
Well, y'all Horned frogs need to land every two hours to ask for directions anyway Just%20Kidding.gif.Come to think of it, I'd actually like my own personal TU-160...

Guest Buzz313th

The most recent military fighter that can have a US registration. Even if it's Experimental Category.Fuel would be a killer, but it sure would be fun..At Van Nuys, theres a guy who owns a few T-38's. Nice economical toy for a fighter.JB

Guest Mesaba
If money was absolutely no object I'd have a 757 like Bruce Dickinson haha.
A little old school, right on brother.BretP.S.- Seeing the Saab340 doesn't have a tradional FMS, any chance of having some pull and throwing the idea around for possible considerations under the EXPRESS product line? :( Good Luck with the J41, I hope it does incredibily well and opens the door for more attention to turbo prop commuters. Cheers

Ya, I think BG must have a tumor, with all that money, geeeezzzzzz, whats he spend it on? Vincent :(
I've no idea what he spend it on - he chose to remain anonymous, as would I. However, I did hear about a young man in the United Kingdom who, in his early 20's, won a substantial amount in a British lottery and proceeded to blow the lot rather quickly. It was on 60 Minutes, I think, the Australian version. He bought some beautiful old mansion, then ripped out all of the landscaped gardens at the rear of the house, had bulldozers create a circular race track of dirt and each week bought old cars from dealerships to invite his friends over for a demo derby, buy large, expensive TV's, that sort of thing. In just a few months he'd blown something like eight million pounds, if I recall correctly. What an absolute waste!

In just a few months he'd blown something like eight million pounds, if I recall correctly. What an absolute waste!
Probably the best few months of his life though!Paul

Probably the best few months of his life though!Paul
Perhaps, but I'd put enough money away in a bank so that my children would never be struggling financially when I've passed on. What that guy did in the UK was pretty reckless in my opinion.

If my pro golfing career takes off (ha!) then it'll be a Citation Mustang for around NZ, and a Dassault Falcon 7X or A319 CJ for the long haul trips to PGA tour events. :-)And yes, I would want to be type-rated on any plane I would own!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

For me, a nice sexy GV with those ultra shiney nacelles and big engines....taxiing out with idle reverse to control taxi speed.....mmmmmmmmmmm :(

A shiny new G650...KTHX!William

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Probably a Cessna Citation Mustang - Costs round about 2.6 million Bucks, can do Mach .65, but lands at about 90 knots, and is okay up to 41,000 as well as being single-pilot certified in many countries.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If we're talking within reason private aircraft, probably a Cessna 400...If money was absolutely no object I'd have a 757 like Bruce Dickinson haha.
I'm pretty sure ol' Bruce just flies one, for money, as a part-time job (First Choice I think).

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hmm, If i were to choose. It would be a Cirrus SR22 for around the area, and a Global express for the long haul haha. :(Tino,

I'm pretty sure ol' Bruce just flies one, for money, as a part-time job (First Choice I think).
they did a repaint on one of the 757's in his honor.cheers!,,tino

Sante Sottile

Well, y'all Horned frogs need to land every two hours to ask for directions anyway Just%20Kidding.gif.Come to think of it, I'd actually like my own personal TU-160...
Haha, well at least us Horned frogs can ask direction at lockheed right next door. :(