Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Time for something fun!

Guest Christopher_D

I know I will get laughed at here compared to the opther replies I have seen in this thread, but even if I had all the wealth in the world I would get . . . . . . a Cessna 172 -- most likely a G1000 version if possible.As a student pilot I already have an affection for these little birds. And if i had the riches, a nice, remote private airstrip with a cheap Cessna would be a dream come true. More places I can land compared to jets, and given time and fuel even a C172 can eventually make it to just about anywhere in the world that isn't a remote island out of reach in the ocean somewhere. All i need is enough space to fit my beautiful wife and -- if we ever get lucky enough -- a child or two :-)Ah . . . to dream.<<EDIT>> Didn't realize there was a third page to this -- glad to see I am NOT the only one that would go with a simple 172 :-)

Guest Mech

I will go for a Grumman Goose.I know, I know, I haven't been influenced at all, but this means I can fly to anywhere really. I'll fly the flag all over the world for you :(

If I won the lottery I'd only buy a Cessna 172 because I'd need the rest for lawyers once my wife found out.Jeff p.
Just give her half up front - no point in both her AND the lawyers getting rich!For pure devilment, a Beechcraft Starship. My ambition would be to fly in to the "Warbirds over Wanaka" show in New Zealand, and while it would be seriously sexy to turn up in a Mosquito (with suitably upgraded engines/avionics etc.) that really is a bloody long way to fly in WWII aircraft with zero luxuries (I live in Ireland). But equally, I don't want to do the whole journey in just two or three hops in a G550 or BBJ. I think the compomise might be something like a PC12 NG, which would allow reasonable short/rough strip access and sufficient comfort for repeated 3 or 4 hour flights, but I am just not sure if it has the legs to get accross the Tasman Sea. Any suggestions?

Guest Steven Stratton
Just give her half up front - no point in both her AND the lawyers getting rich!
My wife has agreed in "principle" to a shared ownership, but I am not sure the price is worth paying... :(

Wow, talk about absolutely hideous!!! lol :(
I konw I am but the planes not bad lolol :( John E

I want that Mooney bravo single propel FSX default, Ive heard it should be quite awesome and even feuture an inbuilt parashute in case of total failure- Philip

Guest Christopher_D
My wife has agreed in "principle" to a shared ownership, but I am not sure the price is worth paying... :(
I guess I am lucky here. My wife is actually excited about my flying and if I get a plane, she just wants to go flying with me -- maybe even teach her how to fly. We both agreed that if she gets ratings, too, we may even start an air taxi service together someday :-) But that won't be until I graduate this flight school and get my ATP rating. Expensive stuff -- it's bloody cheaper to buy a single engine prop than to train to make money flying it O.o The only reason I have made it this far is I am a poor S.O.B. and qualify for federal Pell and Stafford Loans (so far).

Just give her half up front - no point in both her AND the lawyers getting rich!
You really think she's actually going to be happy with just half? :(

Matthew S

With the exception of the Citation X, I've never seen ANY Cessna described as fast.Just%20Kidding.gif They're called slowtations for a reason...(the Columbia 400 doesn't count)
Never heard of the Citation 7? Faster than a lot of biz jets out there. heck the 3 and 6 are fast too. The "slowtations" are the citation 1 and 2. 335 TAS and 365 TAS respectively. Jack (just like my handle name states)

Put me down for a Super King Air 350 with glass cockpitNoah B.
You would have to because glass is the only 350 you will get!

Guest Ruben

I would get a B350.Two prop, single pilot, pressurized cabin. Man... If only. :(

Anyone of those Learjets that can go up there to FL500 !!! :(
fl470 to be exact. I know a pilot who is type rated on a lear 45 and he said going that high is the scariest thing he has ever done. Its called the coffins corner and there is only a 5 knot difference between flying and stalling.