Greetings all.Earlier today I decided to take the plunge and purchase Vista Home Premium 64 (SP1) for my new FSX box. I ordered it from Newegg, and it shipped today, so while I'm waiting for that (and an RMA'd video card) to return, I figured I'd grab the latest Vista64 drivers for my hardware. I've had no problem locating drivers for everything I need, with one exception. My Saitek X36 does not have a driver or software listing under Vista64. I was under the impression that the X36 and the X45 were basically the same stick, with only cosmetic differences separating them, and that (at least under XP) they used the same driver.Now while there's no driver or software listed for the X36, but there *is* a driver and software listed for Vista64 for the X45, then I'm guessing the X36 doesn't have any official support under Vista, even though it *should* (in theory at least) be able to work using the same driver as the X45.Anyhow, here's my questions. Is anyone using an X36 under Vista64, and if so, was there anything you needed to do to get it recognized by Vista, or was it just recognized and worked once plugged into a USB port? If anyone has gotten it to be recognized under Vista, were you also able to get the SST software to work for it as well? Ultimately, I'd hate to toss aside a perfectly good, working flight stick for no reason other than the driver's .inf file just doesn't have the X36 listed as a supported device, just to have to spend more money to replace what isn't broken.Thanks in advance for any info/tips on this. I'm hoping someone out there is still using an X36 and managed to get it working under Vista64. I'm just trying to prepare myself as best I can for the Vista install (once my disc gets here).-George

Dont worry it will work, Vista will download drivers for it from windows update, and if you must use the god awful software from Saitek then you can as the 32 bit version will run just fine on Vista 64. It's only drivers that have to be specifically written and signed for a 64bit environment.

Cheers, Andy.

Dont worry it will work, Vista will download drivers for it from windows update, and if you must use the god awful software from Saitek then you can as the 32 bit version will run just fine on Vista 64. It's only drivers that have to be specifically written and signed for a 64bit environment.
Excellent! Thanks for the info. Truthfully, the SST software is the least of my concerns as long as I can program the stick in-game. I was just really concerned that, without finding a driver, that I was going to get stuck buying a new stick/throttle just for Vista. This eases my mind tremendously. :)Thanks again for the help with this question, I appreciate it. :)-George