Sign in to follow this  
Guest indolikaa

Keyboard Remapping

Guest indolikaa

Hello!Recently, I lost the ability to re-establish unified control of the throttles on my 747-400M. I finally traced the problem to Radar Contact, which was monopolizing the numeric keys on my keyboard. Such behavior prevents me from doing the E + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 dance that becomes necessary when MSFS decides you don't need linked throttle control in a multi-jet engine, and you need to correct Microsquish thinking by relinking said throttles.Anyhoo, I discovered...by doing a forum search (gasp!)....that you can remap your RC keys away from the numeric keypad by using Shift or Control, or even assigning completely different keys. Nice. But, that creates a problem for me because most of my available key assignments are already mapped. Because I run RC4 on a laptop connected via WideFS, I was thinking it would be real cool to map the RC4 keys to the laptop's keyboard, instead of the main computer's keyboard. A further forum search does not appear to shed light on this possibility, so I must ask, is this possible?If the answer was obvious and I'm to be scolded for poor forum search technique, well, it won't be the first time I've earned the 'Go Sit in the Corner, Dumbass!' award. However, if this is an intelligent question (although rare for me, it does happen from time to time) and merits consideration from committee, please advise.Thank You,Me