Sign in to follow this  
av7447

Can somebody fix those tires on main landing gear of a 747

It's not really a big deal for such a complex simulation but everytime i look at PMDG 747 those small main landing gear just get into my eyes ..... Other then that the model is almost perfect.... Anyway anybody can fix that or there will be no more updates of a 747 ?? What does everybody else think ?

What do you see as the problem? Could you post a screenshot to show us your point of interest?

If you take a look at any airliners.net 747 photo where you can see its main landing gear clearly and then back to the PMDG 747 you will know what i mean - The tires on a PMDG 747 looks kind of small dont you think ?

If you take a look at any airliners.net 747 photo where you can see its main landing gear clearly and then back to the PMDG 747 you will know what i mean - The tires on a PMDG 747 looks kind of small dont you think ? -
I think they look fine to me, but that's just my opinion...

Guest CX355
Your suppose to sit in the cockpit, not the wheel well...Just kidding..they look okay to me as well. Maybe it's the struts that are giving you the visual scale problem. I don't think I want to see the tires looking like some Alaskan bush planes that fly around...Vincent :(

Guest hangar744

The tire and wheel size look fine to me. However I haven't compared the -400 with the -400F to see if PMDG modeled the (rather insignificant) size difference. It is the shock strut that's out of scale a little...if you ask me. The inner cylinder extension dimension appears a little too much, but maybe the bird was light (or maybe because it is just a little too thin). Found L/H body gear shock strut servicing placard installed as a mirror image (see illustration). The same placard for the R/H BLG is correct.But hey...I do not think this minor detail will get us grounded.Happy walk-around folks,delcom

Guest hangar744

Speaking of gears and mirrored (skins) images. Found an other one: Nose landing gear wheel well fwd canted bulkhead at B STA 245. No big deal...just for future reference.sincerely,delcom

If I remember correctly the dimensions of the model were taken straight from Boeing specs. As you mentioned shock compression is dependant on weight. If the plane is heavy, then the shocks are going to compress. The shock compression model is limited by FS's capability. :(

... and oleo strut compression is not modelled very well in msfs, in fact it is modelled poorly.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh well .... , but maybe we can get the tires more rounded in the next service pack ..... sad.png I am still thinking about buying a PMDG 747.... my PC might be too slow for it so i guess i have to get an i7 first..... -