Sign in to follow this  
waleed

Queen facelift?

If I understood things correctly, the fps for the md-11 are very light because you "run" the aircraft, or parts of it outside of fsx?If this is the case, would it be possible to do so for the queen somewhere down the road?It was on my wish list, but having heard that it was fps intensive, I decided not to purchase it. Otherwise, I am hoping that the "new" i7 along with windows 7 might improve things in say 6 months to a point where fps will be fine.Thanks.

Waleed N

Guest Mower

I was actually put off of my PMDG 744x for its hideous FPS...the MD-11 is a marked improvement...too bad since i really enjoy the Queen...tried it agin recently and no change, the FPS are so low it cannot be landed by hand.You can even see the stuttering in the AOA training vids.

Guest Paul_D

Cant blame PMDG, blame FSX....Paul ( TORONTO )

Cant blame PMDG, blame FSX....Paul ( TORONTO )
Paul, no blame no worries. I agree totally that fsx is the bottleneck.I bought my computer last July (quad 266 with 4gb ocz ram and a 9800 gtx) thinking that was the way to go. :( I just "hope" that with the extra time we now have, that there is a chance for a facelift. I understand that they are probably swamped with work, and that what I propose is by no means easy. I am just hopefull.

Waleed N

Guest Mower
Cant blame PMDG, blame FSX....
Yes I know but PMDG managed to obviate this by writing code outside of FSX and the FPS increase is significant, I see 15-20% better FPS with the MD-11 over the 744.