Sign in to follow this  
Guest chibrsfan

Quick question about simultaneous 747X/MD-11

Guest chibrsfan

Hey guys,Got a real quick question, did a search, and couldn't find the exact answer. I am a proud owner of the 747X, and will soon be the owner of the new MD-11, J41 and 737NG2.0. I was kind of hoping for a CRJ, because that's what I fly in real life, but it's all good...The Garrett "Grenades" as some will refer to them, will be an excellent item that FSX has been lacking. Used to use those in a Conquest, and honestly, you never knew how they would treat you!Anyway, I have heard (through this board) that if you already have the 747X installed, and you install the MD-11 there are some compatibility issues, making the 747 un-flyable. I am thinking of purchasing the MD-11 in the next couple of days, and wanted to see if anyone has figured out this issue, or if it is a non-event. I would rather not de-install the 747, just because I'm kind of lazy about that right now!Thanks again, and good luck producing the J41 and 737!Jon SForgot to add, this is for FSX with Vista 64!

I have installed/removed MD11 on top of the 747X more times than I care to admitt. Once in a blue moon, there would be an impact on the 747X but that could have been due to the way I was uninstalling beta patches and should not present a problem to a user of the release products. In any event, reinstalling the 747X will fix the rare occurence if it occurs.To restate, there should not be a problem but if there is it is recoverable. Once both are installed and running there are no compatibility issues.

Dan Downs KCRP