Sign in to follow this  
Guest smegger

APPCRASH util.dll

Guest smegger

I have recently started having an APPCRASH problem. I am running FSX with SP1 and SP2 on a Vista 32bit PC. The error message is :Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: util.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00006979 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057I have quite a few addons running including FSUIPC4, Wideview and PMDG 747. The error does not seem to occur in any particular situation but happens about once every 3 or 4 flights. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can fix the problem as it is very annoying. I have considered uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything again but as I have so many addons it would take a great deal of time and effort so if there is a simple fix it would be a great help. Thanks.

I have recently started having an APPCRASH problem. I am running FSX with SP1 and SP2 on a Vista 32bit PC. The error message is :Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: util.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00006979 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057I have quite a few addons running including FSUIPC4, Wideview and PMDG 747. The error does not seem to occur in any particular situation but happens about once every 3 or 4 flights. I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can fix the problem as it is very annoying. I have considered uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything again but as I have so many addons it would take a great deal of time and effort so if there is a simple fix it would be a great help. Thanks.
Had a similar issue with terrain.dll and thought it was my overclock. You can try backing off your OC, if you're doing so, otherwise what actually solved the problem for me I feel was trying a different Nvidia VC driver. You using Nvidia? Hope it helps.

Regards, Kendall

Guest smegger

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not OC and I use ATI Radeon card. I'll try checking to see if there is a newer driver for the card but the driver is fairly up to date. Thanks again.Phil

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not OC and I use ATI Radeon card. I'll try checking to see if there is a newer driver for the card but the driver is fairly up to date. Thanks again.Phil
Hi Phil. Hmm, 0 fer 2. Have you run a checkdisk to see if you have any HD errors? I might even check some ram with memtest to try and rule out the hardware stuff. Whats your PSU like? Try a fresh fsx.cfg. I always try to exhaust the easy stuff before even contemplating (yikes) some sort of repair/re- install. Good luck with it as I know how frustrating these types of crashes can be.

Regards, Kendall

Guest smegger
Hi Phil. Hmm, 0 fer 2. Have you run a checkdisk to see if you have any HD errors? I might even check some ram with memtest to try and rule out the hardware stuff. Whats your PSU like? Try a fresh fsx.cfg. I always try to exhaust the easy stuff before even contemplating (yikes) some sort of repair/re- install. Good luck with it as I know how frustrating these types of crashes can be.

Guest smegger

Hi Kendall, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried CHKDSK and memtest but they did not fix the problem. I decided to uninstall SP2, use the FSX repair tool and then reinstall SP1 and SP2. I've had a couple of flights without a problem and I'm hoping that I've deen the last of the APPCRACH util.dll errors. Thanks again for your suggestions. I have found that I get more answers to problems from individuals like yourself than from commercial retailers.Phil.

Hi Kendall, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried CHKDSK and memtest but they did not fix the problem. I decided to uninstall SP2, use the FSX repair tool and then reinstall SP1 and SP2. I've had a couple of flights without a problem and I'm hoping that I've deen the last of the APPCRACH util.dll errors. Thanks again for your suggestions. I have found that I get more answers to problems from individuals like yourself than from commercial retailers.Phil.
Hi Phil, sorry I didn't realize you had posted back. You're very welcome but I didn't seem to be of much help. I'm glad to hear you might have finally sorted things out - hope it stays that way for you! I have been busy trying to reinstall vista 64 after my simconnect.dll somehow became corrupt and was unable to connect with an airport editor. After reinstalling vista I now can't seemingly get vista SP1 to even install and already have has several error messages trying to reinstall FSX. As I twittle the hours away in disgust with this mess I dream of a day when I don't have a single microsoft product on my system.Cheers

Regards, Kendall