Sign in to follow this  
BlakeWilliams

No Flight Displays

Hi All,Ok, I have had the MD-11 working flawlessly for sometime and decided to reinstall my 747 because I had a system crash. When I went to install my 747, there were no flight displays. The outside texture and sound were working fine, however - no flight displays. I then decided to uninstall it and try again. However, doing this made my situation worse! This morning I went to do a flight in the MD-11 and now it doesn't have any flight displays!!! I uninstalled EVERYTHING from PMDG on my system. I even did a file search deep into the hard drive to ensure everything was gone. I figured this would help and that the next time I installed the md-11, it would work fine. However, after I installed it - there are still no flight displays. What gives?ThanksBlake

Hi All,Ok, I have had the MD-11 working flawlessly for sometime and decided to reinstall my 747 because I had a system crash. When I went to install my 747, there were no flight displays. The outside texture and sound were working fine, however - no flight displays. I then decided to uninstall it and try again. However, doing this made my situation worse! This morning I went to do a flight in the MD-11 and now it doesn't have any flight displays!!! I uninstalled EVERYTHING from PMDG on my system. I even did a file search deep into the hard drive to ensure everything was gone. I figured this would help and that the next time I installed the md-11, it would work fine. However, after I installed it - there are still no flight displays. What gives?ThanksBlake
Blake!See here:Why do I see blank screens after loading the plane?This is a failure of the validation system. First try reinstalling the aircraft and if the problem persists, contact Support with your name and order ID and we'll get the issue sorted out! FSX vs. FS9/ Leffe

Im just confused as to why the MD-11 would lose it's panels if I uninstall my 747.

Blake, your confusion is justified. There are no shared files or interactions between the apps and they (PMDG) say that they have tested this problem hundreds of times without being able to identify a bug. Having said that, I had something amiss on occasion in between the 747 and MD11X but the bottom line is the fix is easy: If your validation fails (for whatever reason) the only fix is a reinstall.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan,Thanks. Everything is working fine now, just a weird bug I guess. Thanks for your help.Blake