Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fosl

Fuel help

Hello all!I have just downloaded rfp 747 from avsim and have installed it. I have a question in regard to loading the desired fuel amount. I know Im supposed to use the refueling panel within the sim, but how do you defuel the aircraft? It always loads with a full load of fuel. When I try to use fs2004 fuel option it CTD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is an aircraft where you really do need to read the manual. The CTD that you are getting is going to occur if you try to change either the fuel or the PAX or cargo loads. you have to use the specific RFP loaders to do this.There are two ways to change the fuel load. You can "dump " fuel, but the EPA and fire departments frown on this when you're on the ground. There is also a click spot in the center of the fuel panel; right clicking on it in succession will bring up several options to load from 25K fuel to , I think-- it's been a while) 250K. You can then top tanks individually from there.It's in the book.

This is an aircraft where you really do need to read the manual. The CTD that you are getting is going to occur if you try to change either the fuel or the PAX or cargo loads. you have to use the specific RFP loaders to do this.There are two ways to change the fuel load. You can "dump " fuel, but the EPA and fire departments frown on this when you're on the ground. There is also a click spot in the center of the fuel panel; right clicking on it in succession will bring up several options to load from 25K fuel to , I think-- it's been a while) 250K. You can then top tanks individually from there.It's in the book.
Thanks! Got it working now.

On the subject of fuel I have an additional problemThis relates to the fuel settings when at cruise height - in my case the fuel appears to draw down from each tank at the same rate, on my first long haul flight engines 1 & 4 shut down due to the tanks getting empty.What settings do you use to draw more down from the main tank ( I assume this is what basically should happen ) ensuring engine shut down does not re-occur. The sim, of course, does not allow you to re-fuel in flightAny help appreciatedMike

I cannot get the lower part of the Engineers Fuel Panel to open - the "Jettison Fuel section" does but not the Fuel section ( to change in flight fuel loading ). To be correct it did once but now will not, it seems to be a faulty opening switchMaybe its a faulty guage?Any help appreciatedMike

hello,personally I don't like to use the fuel loader and for this reason I made a procedure that works great to load any fuel quantity.First I saved a situation where the plane has a low fuel quantity because from now on for all flights I'll need to refuel and not defuel the plane.For instance 80.000lbs.I don't think with this long haul plane you will fly legs where the needed fuel amount is less than 80.000lbs.To load a fuel quantity divide the fuel amount by 4.In this case 80.000:4=20000lbs20000lbs is the fuel to be loaded in the Main#2 and Main#3 tanks.The reserve tanks when are full contain 2900lbs. 20000-2900=17100lbs this is the fuel amount to be loaded in the Main#1 and Main#4 tanks.2900 is the fuel for the reserve fuel tanks.So the final fuel situation should be:Reserve tank LH=2900lbsMain#1 tank=17100lbsMain#2 tank=20000lbsMain#3 tank=20000lbsMain#4 tank=17100lbsReserve tank RH=2900lbsIf you have at moment more than 80.000lbs obviously you have, but only once, to defuel the plane by the Fuel Jettison system.For all future flights recall this saved situation, position the plane at the ramp of the departure airport and proceed to refuel it.Regards Gianfranco