Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mad40

747 400X - Stalling

Guest Mad40

I am having problems with the 747 400X Stalling at altitudestarted last weekend stalling at FL370 during climbout of 900f/minToday it stalled at FL160 with full throttels climbout at 300f/min tried with and without flaps - flaps made it worseall the gauges appear normal except it just looses speed.been through the manual tried diferent setups no goodEven printed out and read through the 389 page PMDG 747-400 Aircraft Operating Manual can't find the problemany ideas seems to be getting worse

Guest jlaine128
I am having problems with the 747 400X Stalling at altitudestarted last weekend stalling at FL370 during climbout of 900f/minToday it stalled at FL160 with full throttels climbout at 300f/min tried with and without flaps - flaps made it worseall the gauges appear normal except it just looses speed.been through the manual tried diferent setups no goodEven printed out and read through the 389 page PMDG 747-400 Aircraft Operating Manual can't find the problemany ideas seems to be getting worse
Hi,Were you flying online? What was the OAT when you started having these problems? Maybe post a screen shot of your 2d panel to help solve your problem.I say the flying online and I notice you use FSX because there is a problem when using flying online and using weather programs. You can search many forums and find info on this subject.John L.

When the winds change on me sometimes in FS9 while at cruise and climb my airspeed can go crazy, but I've never really had a problem like this. Post a screen shot if you can, or if you can't try turning off some of the weather programs you are using.

Best Regards,

Brendan Farmer KPAE

www.fusionairways.com

Guest Mad40

I use Real Environment Xtreme but even with this off it still dose itthe funny thing is i flew a Bombardier CRJ700 today up to FL410 at Mach 0.76 No problem at all, no stall problem ,at FL410 the CRJ was flying straight and level.PMDGFL160.jpgThis is the PMDG at FL160 out of Sydney With throttles through the firewall supposed to be straight and level with REX weather turned off indicated air speed 236KAIS would NOT get to FL180 before stalling into a flat spin with multible carp wheels crashing into ground.there is a cross wind of 9kts all so tried with low fuel and full tanks with and without PAX dose the same thing.Dose not matter weather flying on line or not - Gamespy , VatSim, FSHostClient or single player will not fly at altitude.

Post a screenshot of your panel, and details of your gross weight. Rob

Rob Prest

Watch the wind direction and speed when this happens - are you seeing wind shift with increasing tailwinds?The 747 and the MD-11 for FSX seem to be very sensitive to such wind shifts, much more than any other simulated airplane that I own. FSUIPC wind, temperature and pressure smooting fixes it (3 seconds or more per knot wind change), but requires a registered version of FSUIPC. A good buy, in my opinion, but more money out of your pocket obviously.As another user suggested above, in case you are flying online with FSInn and FSX, there is a well known bug that will cause increasing OAT above a certain altitude (a sign error in FSInn, basically). That is easily fixed by disabling FSInn weather. That affects all airplanes, though, not just the PMDG ones.

Guest Mad40

Thanks for all the hints to try to sort this problem out.Tried to go for a fly today to get a screen shot of the dash in flight but this happened.Took off today full throttles and it stalled at 4500 ft around 10 degrese pitch up just went hay wire in manual - auto pilot offSorry but I've come to the conclusion it's just a piece of crap and not for me if i do sort it out and go on a long flight and it stuffs up again the whole flight has to be started again not much fun in that.Everyone was saying how good these planes are but it cost me $160.00AU and the more i read these forums maybe they just arn't as good as the press releases. with a forum full of problems? as i have spent about 5 days now trying to sort it out i have even completly uninstalled FSX and all my addons but the problem is still there.Thanks for all your help but sorry it gets a bad wrap from me specialy at the price could of bought the whole Wilco Airbuss collection.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

It would be far more helpful if you actually gave some useful information to help figure out what the problem is. "Haywire" isn't very descriptive.What was on the FMA?What was the FD commanding?Was the A/T engaged?What was the N1/EPR Limit displayed? Were the engines operating at the specified limit?What was your TOGW and FOB?Did you follow the flap retraction schedule?Did you use the FS menu to change fuel or payload, or did you use the load manager?Are you using any special hardware?Help us help you.Regards,Nick

Guest Mad40

I removed all PMDG files from my computer and uninstalled FSX and then installed FSX and the PMDG 747 400 only went for a fly and it stalled before getting to FL380.PMDG-Dash.jpgFuel and payload through the PMDG program as stated in manual

I removed all PMDG files from my computer and uninstalled FSX and then installed FSX and the PMDG 747 400 only went for a fly and it stalled before getting to FL380.PMDG-Dash.jpgFuel and payload through the PMDG program as stated in manual
You say it's a crap when from the screenshot it looks your trying to fly the thing like a Cessna... If that's the case then maybe the Default aircraft or the Wilco Bus is for you. You can't just fill it up and fly, from the screenshot I can see many mistakes and thats without looking at your FMC. If your going to spend this much money on a complex addon you need to read the documentation and learn to fly it.We need your ZFW and your Gross weight, builld a flightplan and enter performance data and use VNAV... I could go on foreverRobEDIT: It also looks like your TAT is +34C and the aircraft thrust mode is still in T/O at 37000??? You can't slag off a product when you don't even take the time to at least follow the basic tutorial. With an attitude like your's I'm surprised anyone would want to help you.

Rob Prest

Ive had this problem a few times (Mostly caused by weather or a few times where my throttles have slipped to idle)Before it go into a stall, you can lower the altitude via Vertical Speed, and start climbing again once your aircraft reaches a capable speed.But as stated above, you should definatly use some time to get your self fammiliar with this bird, how to use the FMC, LNAV, VNAV. There is tonnes of great tutorials on youtube. Also, there is a vast difference between the FSX default CRJ700 and PMDG's 744. Have a good day.- Philip from Denmark :)ps. Turn your TCAS ON! :(

maybe they just arn't as good as the press releases. with a forum full of problems?
What exactly were you expecting to see in a support forum?From the screenshot it looks like you did not setup the FMC before flight? The jet should fly anyway, but you'll find it a lot easier if you follow the correct procedures.The image is too low resolution for me to see if it is a "-" or a "+" in front of the 34C TAT. If it is a "+", there is a problem with weather in our sim that you need to fix (nothing to do with the 747).If you are new to complex addon aircraft, you should take some time to go through one of the 747 tutorials available. Craig Read has written one of the best, detailing all the steps you go through planning and flying EGLL-KSFO (google "Craig Read 747 tutorial"). There are also some "type rating courses" available on the PMDG website.Good luck with the 747,TomPS: The forum owners require us to use our real names when posting here - see the stickied post at the top of the forum.

Guest Mad40

Sorry for getting aggressiveThe only tutorial I can find is for FS9 and i have FSX. The only information I have is in a 386 page manual.the TAT is -34CThanks will go right now and look at the tutorial

The plane is has all the same systems in both FS9 and FSX. Any tutorial should work.

Joe Sherrill