Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

Getting the best out of my system

Guest dakrisht

Hey everyone, new to the forums but I've been flying with FS as long as I can remember back in the Meigs Field polygon days :( I built a custom system a few weeks ago and I'd like to find out how I can push FSX to the MAX.It's great so far, running in 1920x1080 on a 24" screen, here are some specs and some questions:I'm using the latest drivers from nVidia's site for the 9800 GTX. My system is running on an AMD Phenom X4 940 45nm chip (I have it OC'd to 3.5Ghz). Also have 4GB DDR2 5-5-5-15 RAM.I've setup FSX with a guide I found for an 8800 video card (from nVidia's site) but want to get as much as I can out of this build. Your thoughts???Running this FSX setup on Win XP SP3 that sits on a 10k RPM HDD.What can I do to push this machine? Are those the best video card drivers? Thanks everyone

Hey everyone, new to the forums but I've been flying with FS as long as I can remember back in the Meigs Field polygon days :( I built a custom system a few weeks ago and I'd like to find out how I can push FSX to the MAX.It's great so far, running in 1920x1080 on a 24" screen, here are some specs and some questions:I'm using the latest drivers from nVidia's site for the 9800 GTX. My system is running on an AMD Phenom X4 940 45nm chip (I have it OC'd to 3.5Ghz). Also have 4GB DDR2 5-5-5-15 RAM.I've setup FSX with a guide I found for an 8800 video card (from nVidia's site) but want to get as much as I can out of this build. Your thoughts???Running this FSX setup on Win XP SP3 that sits on a 10k RPM HDD.What can I do to push this machine? Are those the best video card drivers? Thanks everyone
Depends on what you mean by "pushing". Suggest you read NickN's guide and use nHancer to set AA to 8XS for best visuals.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...Also, read the thread in the main FSX forum about "new FSX Optimizer" and try the fps limiter... it really makes a difference on my system.

Bert

Guest dakrisht
Depends on what you mean by "pushing". Suggest you read NickN's guide and use nHancer to set AA to 8XS for best visuals.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...Also, read the thread in the main FSX forum about "new FSX Optimizer" and try the fps limiter... it really makes a difference on my system.
Thanks Burt, I'll check the new FSX Optimizer out... But I'm not really getting any FPS bursts...By "pushing" I meant what's the BEST I can expect out of my system for a great flying experience... I don't think upgrading to a 1GB Video Card would have a dramatic effect, I have a very fast processor and just wanted to hear, from the pros/enthusiasts, what I can do to tweak my system to get the best possible FSX performance

Thanks Burt, I'll check the new FSX Optimizer out... But I'm not really getting any FPS bursts...By "pushing" I meant what's the BEST I can expect out of my system for a great flying experience... I don't think upgrading to a 1GB Video Card would have a dramatic effect, I have a very fast processor and just wanted to hear, from the pros/enthusiasts, what I can do to tweak my system to get the best possible FSX performance
I understand, and one more time suggest 8XS AA on your video card and use of the fps limiter for best flying experience.Also, go easy on traffic, and water effects.. :(

Bert