Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Can Sim Rate x 4 cause Out Of Memoery?

Guest cliffie1931

Is it a coincidence that I'm getting Out Of Memory messages after increasing the Sim speed by 4 for about half an hour?I've started following the method of shortening my flights before reverting to normal speed at the top of descent and now sometimes find that I can't reach the destination before FSX shuts down.In case it's relevant I'm using Windows Vista, the scenery is GEX, the aircraft is the MD-11 while the flight is Los Angeles to San Francisco.Cliff

I have a similar occurrence when heading west (HNL to Guam). A few hours into the trip FSX will either freeze/shut down, or the whole pc goes. However, no such issues SAN-HNL, or HNL to Tahiti, so I'm starting to suspect it's not the add-on itself.... Dan

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

that is an interesting question, though I am no expert in what makes Flight sim crash it seems to be related alot of the time to >2 gigs of ram. As far as the computer ultimately shutting down that tends to lead me to the fact that you may have a hardware issue. I know that power supplies are notorious for causing CTD and blue screens of death if the are a poorly made unit.