Sign in to follow this  
byork

FSX on an Asus EEE PC 1000HE Netbook

I'm thinking about picking up this Netbook:Asus EEE PC 1000HEIt's supposed to be one of the best netbooks out there, and fairly powerful. It can apparently run Windows 7 fairly well.But has anyone tried installing FSX on it?I wondering if FSX will even load on it (assuming all sliders set to full left).

But has anyone tried installing FSX on it?
Don't even attempt it. The end. :(

An Intel Atom based system is not capable even for an FSX slide show presentation

Well, I just read on another forum that one guy reported good results using FS2004 with this netbook (and his sliders weren't full left).If I pick up this netbook, I'll install FSX just to see what happens and I'll share my finding.I suspect it may run, but it'll be everything full left.

Well, I just read on another forum that one guy reported good results using FS2004 with this netbook (and his sliders weren't full left).If I pick up this netbook, I'll install FSX just to see what happens and I'll share my finding.I suspect it may run, but it'll be everything full left.
I bought an 1000HE a couple of weeks ago and can report FSX does indeed work at about 10 fps. Its doable for some casual flying while you're away from the desktop. You cannot run SP2 on it however because of the requirement for SM2.0 shaders or some such. FSX SP1 works fine however.

My slide show works perfectly on my EeePC 1000H!And all my slides are round 4mg or more each.Peter Sydney Australia