Sign in to follow this  
CapP

Update FS2Crew?

In the PMDG forum is stated:

FYI, FS2Crew will be releasing another FSX MD-11 update shortly after PMDG releases their FSX update.
Can you say something about what will be updated in the next version? I thought all the errors/bugs were gone now, so do you add something in the new update?

In the PMDG forum is stated:Can you say something about what will be updated in the next version? I thought all the errors/bugs were gone now, so do you add something in the new update?
Hello Pieter,I'll be releasing a list soon. At this point (for the FSX version) it's mainly just code tightening that was implemented in the FS9 version.Did you have any feature requests? Assuming they're not too major, I may be able to fit some of them in.Best,

Did you have any feature requests? Assuming they're not too major, I may be able to fit some of them in.
First of all: this is a nearly perfect product and makes flying the MD-11 an even greater experience!But of course, there are always some things to improve:
  1. I still have problems with the transition level. Maybe due to my use of Radar Contact 4.3 I often use quite low transition levels (often 3000ft). But before having the chance to crosscheck the TL I have the flaps extended and it's not possible to push the red button to check the TL. This causes me to Go Around just because I couldn't push the TL button twice. Is it possible to remove this automatic go around after not pushing the TL button twice? That would be very nice.
  2. Some minor troubles with the lights maybe due to wrong behaviour by me, so correct me if i'm wrong.
    • When taxiing I use the following lights: rwy turn off lights, taxi light. At the take-off checklist the FO turns on the landing lights but does not switch the nose wheel light from taxi to land.
    • After take-off all lights are turned off quite fast: shouldn't the runway turn off lights stay on until passing 10000ft? Thereby: the nose wheel light is not turned off.
    • Almost the same problem when I'm landing: I manually turn on all the landing lights after I got clearance to land (rwy turn off lights are turned on at 10000ft by me) but after landing the FO turns off the landing lights and the runway turn off lights. Shouldn't the rwy turn off lights stay on during taxi? Thereby: he does not turn the nose wheel light from land to taxi, so I have to do that manually.

[*]Also when I choose to do a full power take off, the FO asks if the flex take-off temperature is set during the taxi checklist. Could that be left out / altered?

Ehm ... quite a list, sorry for that, but you asked for it :(

Hello Pieter,1. I think this is already in the update.2. Lights: They're realistic as per the airline we modeled. They bring the lights in very early (and extend them late during landing) because they protrude into the airstream causing turbulence which can cause uncomfort for pax in 1st class. There is also a tiny drag penalty.3. No promises as that would required altering the Euro, Brit and US voice set. It could result in the update being delayed by a significant time frame because we have to work within the voice actors' sched.Cheers,

1. I think this is already in the update.
That's VERY nice!
2. Lights: They're realistic as per the airline we modeled. They bring the lights in very early (and extend them late during landing) because they protrude into the airstream causing turbulence which can cause uncomfort for pax in 1st class. There is also a tiny drag penalty.
I understand about the landing lights, but what about the runway turn off lights and the nose wheel light?

That's VERY nice!I understand about the landing lights, but what about the runway turn off lights and the nose wheel light?
Well, the taxi light is on the nosewheel, so once the gear is up there isn't much point in leaving it on.Runway turnoff lights: I suppose you could leave them on, but at the airline we modeled, they generally leave them off. Saving bulb life one would assume is their motive.However, if you feel there is an operational need to have the lights on, the once the FO turns them off, you could manually turn them back on. The FS2Crew FO won't reach over at hit you :( Cheers,

Well, the taxi light is on the nosewheel, so once the gear is up there isn't much point in leaving it on.
I'm sorry to bother you with this minor thing, but this is not what I meant. Just before taking off the nose wheel light should be switched from taxi to land: the FO does not do this, why not? Also he doesn't turn off the nose wheel light after taking off.
Runway turnoff lights: I suppose you could leave them on, but at the airline we modeled, they generally leave them off. Saving bulb life one would assume is their motive.
Then: why are they on during taxiing from the gate to the runway but not when you return from the runway to the gate after landing? I think that's a bit odd. Requires taxiing to the runway other lights than taxiing to the gate?
However, if you feel there is an operational need to have the lights on, the once the FO turns them off, you could manually turn them back on. The FS2Crew FO won't reach over at hit you :(
Mmm, would be fun: some phrases of a FO criticizing my flight capabilities :( But serious: Of course it's possible to do everything the FS2Crew FO does by myself, but this is not the reason I use this program. I use it because it makes it easier to fly the MD-11 and is gives a more realistic experience. An FO who only turns on half of the lighting isn't very realistic imho.Again: if this is difficult to implement: no worries, it's just a minor thing. But if it's easy to adjust it would be very nice.

Yeah good post, FS2crew for the MD-11 is brilliant, but I'm also interested to know why the nose-wheel light is not moved from taxi-->land on the before takeoff flow. Regards, Anthony H.

I'll see if I can get David, my MD-11 pilot who served as the consultant for FS2Crew MD-11, to jump and post on this thread so he can clarify how it's done.Again, we modeled things the way he does it. I'll pass the mic over to him!