Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Very poor night time skyline

Guest abz
Bob: Yes very interesting since I reviewed all the pics last night when I put them there. I saw them after the file was posted. But now, as you also confrim, I can only see some ground and everything else is black.Al
Now the images I posted above are back. Really would like to know what the bluish image above the horizon is in my first pic above.Appreciate any ideas on this. Would love to get rid of it. Al

Nope. Still black above the horizon.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I see a system that's slowly overloading. FSX tends to do that to systems.What's happening is it's slowly dropping rendering quality to try to 'catch up'.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest abz
I see a system that's slowly overloading. FSX tends to do that to systems.What's happening is it's slowly dropping rendering quality to try to 'catch up'.
Which image do you think, the first one?I can't imagine it is overloading because:I have a top end PC system (getting 60 - 90 FPS) andI see it exactly in the same direction every time I fly andwhen I turn down all the sliders, there is still something there which is poorly rendered.Al

Your assumption that it's to do with your system's "power" is not a sound one. I don't care if you've got a Cray... has little to do with this discussion... honest. :(FSX has flaws, lots and lots of them. As it runs, it slowly gobbles up system resources. As they reduce, the visual quality slowly goes away. nVidia drivers also have issues. If you're using the DirectX 10 preview... it too has issues.You also complained about the milkyway... that also leads me to believe your video settings are incorrect. I'm willing to bet that black isn't actually black on your display. Yet I'm also willing to bet if it were... you'd complain that everything's too dark.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest abz
Your assumption that it's to do with your system's "power" is not a sound one. I don't care if you've got a Cray... has little to do with this discussion... honest. :(FSX has flaws, lots and lots of them. As it runs, it slowly gobbles up system resources. As they reduce, the visual quality slowly goes away. nVidia drivers also have issues. If you're using the DirectX 10 preview... it too has issues.You also complained about the milkyway... that also leads me to believe your video settings are incorrect. I'm willing to bet that black isn't actually black on your display. Yet I'm also willing to bet if it were... you'd complain that everything's too dark.
Thanks EdFor one, I am not using Direct X preview. If what I am seeing is the milky way then it does not look that great to me. That is why I want to delete it.However, maybe I have the wrong settings as you suggest. I do have NVidia cards.Any suggestions on how to find the "correct" settings if mine are indeed incorrect. Any recommendations on how I should proceed to check this out. I do wish the night sky was a little blacker.Thanks for help, Al