Sign in to follow this  
pve

Mobile phone downloads

Hi all Tried to download files from the library to my nokia n96 phone via a hotel wifi. It works OK to the download page but the grey click to save screen does not show. I can download files from other sites with no problems are there any additional settings I should use for a mobile phone.

Paul EGLD

Guest Gary Buska
Hi all Tried to download files from the library to my nokia n96 phone via a hotel wifi. It works OK to the download page but the Grey click to save screen does not show. I can download files from other sites with no problems are there any additional settings I should use for a mobile phone.
To my knowledge there should not be a whole lot of differance but then it could be the application that you use or the service provider that could be causing this. I honestly do not think that the library was set up in any special manner to download files to a phone. As I stated each service provider could be a little different as to how they allow you to attach to the web and the browser you use on a phone is nothing compared to a browser like firefox. My only suggestion would be to contact your provider and see if they can help you. :(

To my knowledge there should not be a whole lot of differance but then it could be the application that you use or the service provider that could be causing this. I honestly do not think that the library was set up in any special manner to download files to a phone. As I stated each service provider could be a little different as to how they allow you to attach to the web and the browser you use on a phone is nothing compared to a browser like firefox. My only suggestion would be to contact your provider and see if they can help you. :(
Gary I tried with a selection of Wifi and g3 providers. The avsim download stalls at the gray save window load with the progress bar flashing on then to 0 kb. Maybe the phone system sees the load window as a popup. Thanks for your comments I will check the popup bloker.Paul

Paul EGLD

Guest Gary Buska
Gary I tried with a selection of Wifi and g3 providers. The avsim download stalls at the gray save window load with the progress bar flashing on then to 0 kb. Maybe the phone system sees the load window as a popup. Thanks for your comments I will check the popup blocker.Paul
I checked with Tom Allensworth and he said that our library is not really set up to handle mobile downloads and the fact that we are without a tech manager there is not a whole lot that he or anyone else can do to change it. I am sure the problem lies with the browser that most cell phones use they are not really true browsers but a trimmed down version and because of this they are limited as to what you can do with them.