Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

WinXP 64bit and compatibility?

HiRecently I had OOM error (only 1 time), it didn't happen again. (my Mem usage was around 1.2Gb, and VM was almost the same)Because of that I'm planing to do dual boot with WinXP 64bit.Now I'm curious which addon could have a problem with it:1.ASV62.PMDG MD11,B737,B7473.LevelD 7674.DA Fokker, PA Cheyenne5.Wilco A3206. Scenerys.....7.AESThanks in advanceEdin

HiRecently I had OOM error (only 1 time), it didn't happen again. (my Mem usage was around 1.2Gb, and VM was almost the same)Because of that I'm planing to do dual boot with WinXP 64bit.Now I'm curious which addon could have a problem with it:1.ASV62.PMDG MD11,B737,B7473.LevelD 7674.DA Fokker, PA Cheyenne5.Wilco A3206. Scenerys.....7.AESThanks in advanceEdin
None above. I know for sure that all except possibly PA Cheyenne, because I don't have it or never heard much about it.Sceneries, there are no incompatibilities as far as I know.

ThanksWe will see the situation with drivers, because I have never install 64bit OS.Edin

None above. I know for sure that all except possibly PA Cheyenne, because I don't have it or never heard much about it.Sceneries, there are no incompatibilities as far as I know.

You will only have driver troubles with older hardware (for example my Audigy 1 game port is disabled due to lack of drivers but I do not use it anyway).As for FS9 I have problems with Wilco's Airbuses (Vol 1&2). They run fine in the sim but upon exiting a flight with them I get a gauge error everytime and FS9 shuts down. RXP Garmins don't work either.I had a problem with the CD version of EDDF refusing to install but Aerosoft sent me a replacment CD at no cost.LVD 767, PMDG 737/747F work just fine.Go for it, I have had zero OOM errors with Vista 64bit. Fs9 has never been better.

HiI will skip Vista 64bit (i think) and install XP 64bit.I hope that the situation with drivers are the same. I have this config:C2 E6750P35 DQ6 MBO4GB DDR2 OCZATI 2900PRO 1GB DDR4ThanksEdin

You will only have driver troubles with older hardware (for example my Audigy 1 game port is disabled due to lack of drivers but I do not use it anyway).As for FS9 I have problems with Wilco's Airbuses (Vol 1&2). They run fine in the sim but upon exiting a flight with them I get a gauge error everytime and FS9 shuts down. RXP Garmins don't work either.I had a problem with the CD version of EDDF refusing to install but Aerosoft sent me a replacment CD at no cost.LVD 767, PMDG 737/747F work just fine.Go for it, I have had zero OOM errors with Vista 64bit. Fs9 has never been better.

HiI will skip Vista 64bit (i think) and install XP 64bit.I hope that the situation with drivers are the same. I have this config:C2 E6750P35 DQ6 MBO4GB DDR2 OCZATI 2900PRO 1GB DDR4ThanksEdin
If you got all drivers available, you will have no troubles. Running XP64 here and EVERYTHING is peachy. Never been happier with my FS9.