Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Cockpit Parts

I installed triplehead on my server PC with 3 monitors.In FS 2004 cockpit window undocked mode I open two new cockpit views and undocked them. So I have:view 00 forwardview 01 forward leftview 02 forward rightIn View 01 and View 02 and don't get a clear view, I have panels and cockpit parts.How can I get rid of them?TanksAbrupto

I installed triplehead on my server PC with 3 monitors.In FS 2004 cockpit window undocked mode I open two new cockpit views and undocked them. So I have:view 00 forwardview 01 forward leftview 02 forward rightIn View 01 and View 02 and don't get a clear view, I have panels and cockpit parts.How can I get rid of them?TanksAbrupto
---------------------I have no hands-on experience with TH2Go- only what I read about here in AVSIM. That said-It is my understanding that with TH2Go, you can display ONLY View Fwd- spread across all 3 monitors. I'm fairly sure you cannot show secondary views such as Fwd Left or Right.If you want to display these additional views, connect two monitors directly to your primary video card and add a second (PCI?) card to drive the third mon. (Multiple video cards need to be of the same "family" so they can both utilize the same driver.) In Control Panel/Display/Settings you then set up the three monitors so that the Desktop stretches across all three- the mouse cursor can be dragged from far left to extreme right!Anyone with TH2Go experience care to comment?Alex Reid

---------------------I have no hands-on experience with TH2Go- only what I read about here in AVSIM. That said-It is my understanding that with TH2Go, you can display ONLY View Fwd- spread across all 3 monitors. I'm fairly sure you cannot show secondary views such as Fwd Left or Right.If you want to display these additional views, connect two monitors directly to your primary video card and add a second (PCI?) card to drive the third mon. (Multiple video cards need to be of the same "family" so they can both utilize the same driver.) In Control Panel/Display/Settings you then set up the three monitors so that the Desktop stretches across all three- the mouse cursor can be dragged from far left to extreme right!Anyone with TH2Go experience care to comment?Alex Reid
Tanks AlexI undocked the View Fwd change it to Top Down view because of frame rate and shrink it to the possible minimum size. After I open the Front, Front left and Front right windows. The panels and cockpit parts has nothing to do with triplehead but with FS9.RegardsAbrupto

Tanks AlexI undocked the View Fwd change it to Top Down view because of frame rate and shrink it to the possible minimum size. After I open the Front, Front left and Front right windows. The panels and cockpit parts has nothing to do with triplehead but with FS9.RegardsAbrupto
-------------Abrupto- Many/most default FS airplanes show virtual "artifacts" such as window frames etc in the 2D views L/R Fwd. (I suppose in the early days of virtual, designers thought it would be clever to also place virtual cockpit elements in the 2D views.) In add on planes this is not a problem. It is possible to eliminate this virtual garbage with a Hex Editor. Search the AVSIM forums for "Hex Editor" or "Virtual Artifacts"- there was some detailed info on this awhile back.The pics show the default King Air after Hex Editing to remove the virtual junk from L/R Fwd views. Prior to this, this plane was not really usable with triple mons.The other pic shows same plane with triple views on a single display. Just an experiment to see how a very large monitor might be used. Note how the outer views are twisted a bit because these views are not be displayed on separate/angled monitors.(Note also the gray/black title bars w dark green lettering. Task & Menu Bars are Auto Hidden. Getting rid of the horrible MS blue is a major improvement- it is not possible to use full screen with 2D/multi mons.)Hope this helps.Alex ReidFS9 KingAir Holding CYYJ R09KingAir Multi Views/single mon Exper.

Guest kananga

you dont need to undock anything with a 3head3go, you just select the appropriate screen res in FS9 and you get one big stretched screen, then zoom out resize your panels and off you go

you dont need to undock anything with a 3head3go, you just select the appropriate screen res in FS9 and you get one big stretched screen, then zoom out resize your panels and off you go
I have a new 3- 26" LCD Monitor set up and I do NOT use any of the double/triple heads to go products as I do not need them. Differant strokes for differant folks but unlike most people that use three monitors I do NOT want any instruments or other items showing up in my "left-right" views. When you look out of a real aircraft you do NOT see a bunch of instruments floating around and neither do I. I don't need a "triple head to go". I could make my three views look just like a view made with a triple head to go if I wanted to. I have three video cards in my setup, one for each of the monitors and my CPU is overclocked to 4.01 Mhz. I average about 35 FPS. jerrycwo4 attached is one of my "simple " views but at present the B-200 King Air by Aeroworx is my aircraft of choice. I use a Seitek Pro Yoke and Pedals and GoFlight's "Corporate" flight console.

I have a new 3- 26" LCD Monitor set up and I do NOT use any of the double/triple heads to go products as I do not need them. Differant strokes for differant folks but unlike most people that use three monitors and neither do I. I don't need a "triple head to go". I could make my three views look just like a view made with a triple head to go if I wanted to. I have three video cards in my setup, one for each of the monitors and my CPU is overclocked to 4.01 Mhz. I average about 35 FPS. jerrycwo4 attached is one of my "simple " views but at present the B-200 King Air by Aeroworx is my aircraft of choice. I use a Seitek Pro Yoke and Pedals and GoFlight's "Corporate" flight console.
--------------------------Jerry- thanks for posting. Are the outer views in your pic, Views L/R by any chance? - as opposed to Views L/R FWD? The position of the twisted fwd wings got me curious- I would not have expected seeing much if ANY wing in View FWD. If these ARE View Fwd, perhaps a good reason to edit out the wings with Hex Editor.However- here is a pic of the default Piper Cub- the wings definitely should be edited out to be usable.Also your quote "When you look out of a real aircraft you do NOT see a bunch of instruments floating around. I do NOT want any instruments or other items showing up in my "left-right" views." - When the real pilot looks Fwd Right, he sees all the instruments/gauges in front of the First Officer. So placing popups under View Fwd Right seems OK to me. (Unless in the Cub- where there is no FO!!!)Alex ReidDefault Piper Cub on approach to Mountain Air 2NCO

Guest kananga
I have a new 3- 26" LCD Monitor set up and I do NOT use any of the double/triple heads to go products as I do not need them. Differant strokes for differant folks but unlike most people that use three monitors I do NOT want any instruments or other items showing up in my "left-right" views. When you look out of a real aircraft you do NOT see a bunch of instruments floating around and neither do I. I don't need a "triple head to go". I could make my three views look just like a view made with a triple head to go if I wanted to. I have three video cards in my setup, one for each of the monitors and my CPU is overclocked to 4.01 Mhz. I average about 35 FPS. jerrycwo4 attached is one of my "simple " views but at present the B-200 King Air by Aeroworx is my aircraft of choice. I use a Seitek Pro Yoke and Pedals and GoFlight's "Corporate" flight console.
The OP says he owns a 3head2go and that was who I was replying to, 3head is aimed at cockpit builders really, I do not display any instruments on my 3head PC, all linstruments are on a networked PC running wideserver. Undocking to seperate SVGA cards/ outputs is a good alternative, I used this method before I got my 3head2go but it does come with some hitches, I found performance to be low with scenery set high, it is subjective as it all depends what you term as the right FPS, I insist on 40 FPS min, the hand flying of the sim feels so much better than the 24FPS most people insist we aim for, horses for courses, also the 3 head allows you to allign the bevels if your monitor doesnt allow ou to slew the outside screens in enough
Jerry all your screenshots are straight and level, take one in a turn and show us that authentic stepped horizon !! IF you drag your left right screens in it elimiantes the awful mis-alignment when running spanned views

---------------Jerry all your screenshots are straight and level, take one in a turn and show us that authentic stepped horizon !! IF you drag your left right screens in it elimiantes the awful mis-alignment when running spanned views
------------------Kananga- some simple settings will maintain a straight horizon in aircraft roll- to any degree including a full 360