Sign in to follow this  
Guest mantab

logo light beam

Guest mantab

Hi guys, Could someone please explain how to go about lighting up the logo on an aircraft verticalstab in FS9. I have done a lot of research on this but I am not having much luck.I belioeve it is done by editing aircraft cfg in the lights section and then you must have the proper effect for it. Thanks

IIRC this is done by the light mask for your texture. look for a fuse_l texture in your livery folder.Depends on which model you are using to edit the cfg.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest mantab

Hi Geddy_2112, Thank you for your prompt reply,I still dont really get it I need some clear detail how to go about it. This is my first attempt at this and I am finding it rather difficult. I guess once you done it once it will be fairly easy to do. Please be patient with me. Kind regards Mantab.

Guest lgvpilot1
Hi Geddy_2112,Thank you for your prompt reply,I still dont really get it I need some clear detail how to go about it. This is my first attempt at this and I am finding it rather difficult. I guess once you done it once it will be fairly easy to do. Please be patient with me.Kind regards Mantab.
It may be helpful if you let us know which aircraft you are talking aboutAs Clarke has stated in your aircraft texture folder you are looking for a file with an L extensionIf the tail is a seperate part of the fuselage in the paintkit you would have two files named something like Tail_T (this is the texture or paint scheme if you like ) Then you would find a file called Tail_L This is the lighting for the tail anything with an _L is the lightingTo edit this you are going to need something like DXTBmp to open the file so you can edit the bmp and the alpha Does any of this make sense :( Mark

Guest mantab

Hi Igvpilot, The aircraft is an airbus 300 series that have built myself. The tail is seperate from the fuselage,I made one texture called Tail_t and the other texture Tail_l . I have made night textures for previous aircraft I have designed in the past but never made a night texture where you see the just the logo lit up with some sort of a beam light. My question is how do you apply the logo beam light? Regards Mantab.

Guest lgvpilot1

I am presuming this is the type of effect you are looking for to create this effect you would need a texture that looks like this this is the _T texture if you like and if I lay the light texture over the top and decrease its transparency so you can see what is going on it may give you an idea as to how they work together.Now having said that , you say that this is for a model that you have made your self .I have no idea what calls these night lighting textures into play , perhaps if you already have this type of texture in your aircraft texture folder and it is still not working it may be worth posting a question at the Aircraft and panel design forumhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=122Mark

The other option would be to create an entry in the aircraft.cfg file to place an .fx logo_light on both sides of the vertical stabilizer.The emissive lightmap method looks terrific, but is not "controllable," meaning that it will be on anytime ANY lightswitch is on...The .fx method is "controllable," meaning you can assign it to a specific switch on the panel, but looks "muddy" in the sim... :( But, this question/discussion really does belong in the dedicated forum. In fact, it has quite likely been "discussed to death" already... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest mantab

Hi Guys, Thanks for the help and support really appriciated with the ideas you guys gave me I got the result I was looking for. Thanks again Mantab