Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

ASA Perpetually Parsing line items...

Is there some way to specify when it's time to synthesize weather, what I mean is when downloading a bunch of archived weather, what is the point of synthesizing each download once it's been saved to disk? Here's the scenario...Last night I attempted to download 3 hours worth of archived weather for yesterday afternoon. I'm using FS9. I set up ASA to download "2009-03-25_16Z", "2009-03-25_17Z", and "2009-03-25_18Z" not knowing exactly what to expect. I was hoping to see if I could figure out how to make ASA stream these 3 hours of weather for a nice long local VFR flight (ASA can do this, right?). OK, now to begin with I've just started the program so I've already sat here staring at a locked up screen for 4 minutes (according to ASA's log, personally it felt more like 10 minutes to me) while it "parsed line items" for some weather I downloaded previously and had no intention of using for this flight (I have "automatic downloads" off). OK, so there's 4 minutes out of my life I'll never get back, but whatever... Next I set up my 3 downloads in the Historical Wx screen and clicked "go" or whatever and ASA dutifully began downloading the first one. That went well, but once the first download had completed ASA synthesized it which I thought was odd, but I assumed it did that so I could begin my flight and then ASA would go ahead and download the other 2 .wx files in the interim and have them ready to load as time progressed in the sim. I started a flight, ASA loaded some weather, and I went flying, however I'm still keeping tabs on what ASA's doing. Much to my surprise, once the 2nd file finished downloading, ASA went back to "parsing line items" and loaded the 2nd weather download... ...and it did the same thing with the 3rd. So by now it's 16:25Z or so in the sim and ASA's got me flying around in weather that I shouldn't be seeing until around 18:00Z. Here's the log of the entire session, as you can see I spent 26 minutes (according to the log, again it felt like about an hour) "getting ready" to fly:8:26 PM - ASA load commencing...8:26 PM - Verifying Active Sky Advanced License8:26 PM - FS9 Path Value = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\8:26 PM - FS9 My AppData Path Value = C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\8:26 PM - FS9 My Docs Path Value = C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\8:26 PM - ASA settings have been loaded...8:26 PM - Initializing ASA8:27 PM - FS station database update not needed (unchanged)...8:27 PM - World Magnetic Model has been loaded...8:27 PM - Wx Station Database loaded: 10463 station(s)8:27 PM - Airports Database loaded...8:27 PM - Loading Additional Weather Stations...8:27 PM - FSUIPC (version 3.8.2) found and initialized8:27 PM - ASA controls initialized...8:27 PM - ASA v11.0.0.394 Copyright

Hi Jim,I know you and I had conversations before you purchased and you based your purchase on some of my information. So with that in mind, please purchase ASv6.5, drop me an e-mail when you have done so, and I'll quickly refund your ASA purchase. jim(AT)hifisim.comThanks,

I appreciate that Jim, I'll see if I can borrow a fast internet connection tomorrow and do that. Re: Our conversations; I sure don't feel like you led me astray in any way, just so you know.thanks,Jim