Sign in to follow this  
johnwillimas

Runways & Weather

Have I got this right?It appears to be the case that if I save a flight with the aircraft located at a particular parking spot (i.e. not on the "active runway") FS9 stores the current active runway.When I reload the flight the original active runway will remain as the departure runway for AI and ATC irrespective of the actual weather (if using live weather).Currently I'm using Active Sky to give me live weather and sure enough FS9 ATC ATIS broadcasts the right weather (currently 276 degrees and 21 knots) at my chosen airfield. I think I want to depart on runway 28 HOWEVER ATC tells me to taxi to runway 10 which is where the AI is also taking off from.I've tried refreshing the weather, reloading the flight, etc. but the only cure is to load up a new flight with the aircraft on the active runway (yes, then it goes to 28, ATC want to use 28 and the AI is using 28 as well).Is there a way to fix this????

Have I got this right?It appears to be the case that if I save a flight with the aircraft located at a particular parking spot (i.e. not on the "active runway") FS9 stores the current active runway.When I reload the flight the original active runway will remain as the departure runway for AI and ATC irrespective of the actual weather (if using live weather).Currently I'm using Active Sky to give me live weather and sure enough FS9 ATC ATIS broadcasts the right weather (currently 276 degrees and 21 knots) at my chosen airfield. I think I want to depart on runway 28 HOWEVER ATC tells me to taxi to runway 10 which is where the AI is also taking off from.I've tried refreshing the weather, reloading the flight, etc. but the only cure is to load up a new flight with the aircraft on the active runway (yes, then it goes to 28, ATC want to use 28 and the AI is using 28 as well).Is there a way to fix this????
Actually two files are created when you "save" a flight - one with a FLT extension which contains all the details regading your aircraft and it's location. The other has a WX extension and that contains the weather as it was when you saved the flight.If the weather has changed the flight will load with the old saved weather.

I think some options to try are:a. set sim rate to 8x and back to 1xb. set sim time ahead by 4 minsc. in map change your aircraft heading by 1 degreeThe point is to reset the ATC and AI to see the current weather.scott s..

There is an option in Active Sky (at least 6.5) to Refresh AI automatically after all weather is written. In addition I use the Refresh AI button as I find this speeds up ATIS and AI going to the correct runway after all weather writes are complete.First, when you set up a parked flight for saving, be sure to use the Clear Weather theme. This helps get rid of any static stored weather by issuing a weather refresh when you parked situation is loaded. In addition, make sure your default flight has the clear weather theme.What is happening is that the AI influences stored with your flight have first say on loading because AI procedures start before weather writes are completed. The Refresh AI restarts them after your current weather writes are complete and take effect in FS.

Thanks guys for the helpful comments.Ronzie - your solution seems to work best for me, loading with a clear weather flight and then starting Active Sky seems to have the desired effect.Thanks.John