Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Question for PMDG team

What would be the time spend in percentage with your new design technique, to make "for exemple a G1000" on a "Mustang project, also for example" ? Benjamin

No answer, up to the team !I mean that if PMDG could make a very accurate version of the G1000, much better than Flight1, they could use it, to make a lot of "PMDG quality" aircraft, without having the problem of Avionic, VC, Etc...Benjamin

We're not doing a G1000... the new design technique is referring to how we made the VC and textures in the J41, not to coding the avionics, that still takes a lot of time.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The only way to get reasonably accurate version of G1000 would be to team up with Garmin and get the software from them, you get the GFC700 autopilot even some databases, complete package. Garmin is selling G1000 simulators for PC (for a reasonable $25) specific for different aircraft so I don't see why their software could not be incorporated into some MSFS product eventually. Attempt to re-invent the wheel and simulate this very complex system within the FS is in my opinion exercise in futility. I think it is only a matter of time when some serious FS developer will sit behind the table with Garmin and seal the deal. That would be a huge win for everyone. I can only dream of flying one day Piper Meridian, Phenom 100/300 or PiperJet done with a typical PMDG attention to detail and equipped with full blown G1000, perhaps even with synthetic vision to boot. And then head to (real) airport and hop into my SR-22 equipped with the same G1000. But you need Garmin's help to realize this incredible dream.How much would I pay for such a combo simulation? Considering that my local FBO charges $65 an hour for a G1000 desktop simulator I would pay ... up to $300.

Michael, Flight1 were 70-80% close to the real product "correct me if I'm wrong".The major things missing were :- Vertical navigation "possible"- Airac "possible"- Egnos "working on Garmin GPS, Not sure about FAA approval"- Safe taxi "impossible with chart, but when i see soft like FSC, it could be possible"- 3D terrain "If JS41 "eat" frame rate like a normal FS plane, why not ?A growing company like PMDG have the manpower and the resources to make it happen.To an answer to Ryan, I "Think" That a lot of people will be interested in Cessna, Cirrus, Mooney, Beechcraft, and other, with a good G1000.Benjamin

Benjamin,We really specialize in airliner products though, we've never done a GA aircraft and it's just not something we have in our plans right now...If there's Garmin trainers for the G1000 out there, I'd expect that Reality XP would be the people to talk to about using them in FS, which they've done to great success with the trainers for the GNS units...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com