Sign in to follow this  
Variometer

Eryri - Close to Reality

Hi,Let's take a ride over the jagged mountains of snowdonia with it's awesome views..

HD on Vimeo (also for download 1280*720 59FPS WMV)Cheers, Andreas

Guest Gander

WOW -- Spectacular! Offhand, I can think of a 10-page list of additional aircraft and locations I wish you'd use in your next superb videos! Thanks much for showing us this.

So do I ! I could make videos the whole day long, but someone needs to pay the bills :(:) If you have special wishes, let me know. Maybe I get inspired and make one of your wishes come true :(;) Thank you very much for your nice comment, I'm very happy you like the clip :(:) Regards, Andreas

Great video. I loved watching it. What do you use to capture it? Ive tried Fraps, but it causes bad stutters. Is there a better alternative? Do you output to another device? Id love to know.Rob

Thank you very much, Rob. Yes, you are absolutely right, Fraps is is killing performance, but it seems to be the best programm of it's kind, at least if you want to capture in HD resolution. I always use Fraps, and to reduce the stutters, sometimes I record at a slower simspeed and accelerate the footage in the editing program, which in my case is Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Another method might be to disable the sync option in Fraps, so that the programm doesn't capture each single frame.

Thanks for the tips. Ill try that. I just got into trying to make movies with Fraps, but got discouraged with the results. Yours look great! Keep up the good work. I look forward to your next movie!Rob

I just watched all of your videos. They are spectacular.I wish I could make videos like that...

Guest Silverbud
Thank you very much, Rob. Yes, you are absolutely right, Fraps is is killing performance, but it seems to be the best programm of it's kind, at least if you want to capture in HD resolution. I always use Fraps, and to reduce the stutters, sometimes I record at a slower simspeed and accelerate the footage in the editing program, which in my case is Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Another method might be to disable the sync option in Fraps, so that the programm doesn't capture each single frame.
I would like to give more details about this trick.To make it very easy to understand here is the wayif you have 15 fps at HALF speed while recording, when you will speed up the video by x2 in your editing software, you will get 30fps. 15fps x2 = 30If you have 10 fps at 1/4 speed while recording, when you will speed up the video by x4 in your editing software, you will get 40 fps. 10 fps x4 = 40.It s not too complicated to do with vegas, it s the same as reducing the lenght of a scene, you just have to do the same thing + pressing SHIFT when doing it. you will accelerate or reduce the speed of your scene as you wish :)Cheers, Vario, Great work once again, i never get tired of watching your work :) give me some inspiration of my own, i love it ^^regardsbizuland