Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Latest FS Genesis mesh: how are airport plateaus?

Title says it all. I used FS Genesis mesh in FS2004 but was bothered by the airport plateaus. I initially found FSX default mesh was OK, so I never installed FS Genesis for FSX. But since I'm doing a re-install, I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to switch over to it. Also, I was bothered on a recent Cub flight over Gettysburg, PA - kept looking for Culp's Hill and the Round Tops, couldn't find them, and finally realized they weren't there in the default. So, is it new mesh time?I'd heard that FS Genesis was working to remove the airport plateau problem. How have they done? What's your take on overall quality, tradeoffs, etc. in the FSX version?Thanks in advance.Alan

It works fine. Depending on the geographical areas you have, Justine has either fixed the plateau problems as part of the mesh itself, or has included extra .bgl airport elevation files to correct the problems (like for the Mexico and Hawaii mesh). The instructions and installation packages will install them automatically into the FSX folders they would "regularly" go into, or if you know how to manage the FSX Scenery Library, you can install them outside of FSX and point the Scenery Library to them. I prefer the second way, as it allows you to layer, enable, or disable the mesh and fix files in the Scenery Library if you ever want to.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

It works fine. Depending on the geographical areas you have, Justine has either fixed the plateau problems as part of the mesh itself, or has included extra .bgl airport elevation files to correct the problems (like for the Mexico and Hawaii mesh). The instructions and installation packages will install them automatically into the FSX folders they would "regularly" go into, or if you know how to manage the FSX Scenery Library, you can install them outside of FSX and point the Scenery Library to them. I prefer the second way, as it allows you to layer, enable, or disable the mesh and fix files in the Scenery Library if you ever want to.FalconAF
Thanks, that's good news. I always enjoyed the mesh apart from that one issue, so I'll be happy to have it on board again.Alan