Sign in to follow this  
Guest boeingflir

Autopilot Disc. Warning 747

Guest boeingflir

Here's a strange one. I'm practicing V1 cuts in the tutorial out of BFI. About the time that I bring the gear up the autopilot disconnect warning starts wailing and of course I haven't engaged the autopilot at that point. The only way that I can silence it is to engage the center autopilot then disengage it with the disengage bar below the three autopilot light switches. Any ideas? It's a bit distracting during an engine failure.Thanks. Bruce

Guest boeingflir

OK. I did another and the warning comes on after rotation. It may have something to do with the tilt function. I silenced it by canceling the master caution warning. However, this doesn't answer the question as to why I'm getting an autopilot disconnect warning when I haven't engaged the autopilot yet.Bruce

OK. I did another and the warning comes on after rotation. It may have something to do with the tilt function. I silenced it by canceling the master caution warning. However, this doesn't answer the question as to why I'm getting an autopilot disconnect warning when I haven't engaged the autopilot yet.Bruce
You didn

Hi, I have also observed this several times with the Fs9 747. Jan-Paul Schuchna

Guest boeingflir

It's the PMDG 747 in FS9. I just tried a takeoff out of KSEA out of the tutorial mode and it still set off the autopilot disconnect warning. The only difference was no engine failure so no master caution warning so I could only silence it by engaging the center autopilot, disengaging it with the manual disengage bar and it silences when I push the disengage bar back in. I also notice that when I go to virtual cockpit the view is magnified 2.7 times and I have to reset it to 1.0. I have flown this bird many times without these problems until recently. I have made no changes. My next step will be just turning the computer off and restart the whole program. This is how you fix the real "electronic airliners" going back to the Lockheed TriStar.Let me know if anybody has any other suggestions.Bruce